Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tried a competitors wash today...

jimboman

Question

I've been using Adams Shampoo for about 2-3 years now and its great stuff.   About a year ago, I had bought a competitors wash locally that gets real good praise on the nerd that is usually called a 3 digit number, just to see what all the hype was about.  I had yet to use it and today I thought I would give it a shot.  I used my Adams pad and bucket with it and I was shocked... no suds, watery, just wow...  No comparison to what I have been used to with Adams.  Apparently those on the nerd haven't tried Adams.

The Adams shampoo gives me such a thick lather in the bucket, and the whole truck is covered in suds after the wash until I rinse.  There wasn't much I had to rinse off when I was done today.

The truck looked fine afterwards, but I wasn't impressed at all.

I'll use it on others cars that I wash, but I'll stick with Adams for my cars.  :)

Same goes for a very popular glass cleaner that is very inexpensive and yields 11 gallons when properly diluted.  Tried that and was so disappointed with it.  It'll be going to the household waste facility next time I take stuff out there. 

Adams Glass Cleaner is awesome.

DUH......Adam's Car Shampoo is simply the best! I recently just gave my friend a 36oz bottle and 2 buckets and a wash pad for his new Raptor in fear he was going to use some of that "other" stuff out there. I just didn't want to pull up to his house and cringe to see his paint.

Friends don't let friends use crappy products on their rides!

I know what glass cleaner you are talking about, and I am using it currently, and it works fine. I always use it with distilled water. I bought this glass cleaner five years ago and I still have more than half left.

I know what glass cleaner you are talking about, and I am using it currently, and it works fine. I always use it with distilled water. I bought this glass cleaner five years ago and I still have more than half left.

I use so much Adams Glass cleaner, I clean my kitchen and bathroom faucets every night with it, clean my stereo face with it about once a week, and my truck windows every couple of days.  (The guys at work say that I'm going to wear through the glass cleaning it so often).  No lingering smell or stickiness with it.  The other stuff has a smell that lingers and makes your hands feel sticky.

Adams car soap is ome product I haven't tried yet but plan on ordering some soon.

A friend of my who wants to start detailing her own car asked me where would be the best place to buy products, well of course I told her about Adams.

She ordered a bunch of stuff one being the soap, she loves it and told me she will only use Adams from now own, I told her that I love everything I've ever ordered with Adams,she said she understands why now.

One f my reps gave me two 5 gallon buckets of car soap, works ok but nothing like what you guys describe.

But it was free so I like it:)

The problem with it is when you look in my soap bucket there's no suds, once I put my mitt in the bucket it does have some suds but not seeing suds in the bucket bothers me. Lol

Maybe after I'm done with the two trucks I'm working on I'll order some Adams car shampoo.

Kevin

Adams car soap is ome product I haven't tried yet but plan on ordering some soon.

A friend of my who wants to start detailing her own car asked me where would be the best place to buy products, well of course I told her about Adams.

She ordered a bunch of stuff one being the soap, she loves it and told me she will only use Adams from now own, I told her that I love everything I've ever ordered with Adams,she said she understands why now.

One f my reps gave me two 5 gallon buckets of car soap, works ok but nothing like what you guys describe.

But it was free so I like it:)

The problem with it is when you look in my soap bucket there's no suds, once I put my mitt in the bucket it does have some suds but not seeing suds in the bucket bothers me. Lol

Maybe after I'm done with the two trucks I'm working on I'll order some Adams car shampoo.

Kevin

Adams soap buckets look like someone filled the top with cherry whip cream!  It's amazing stuff!  I buy it a gallon at a time.

Same goes for a very popular glass cleaner that is very inexpensive and yields 11 gallons when properly diluted.  Tried that and was so disappointed with it.  It'll be going to the household waste facility next time I take stuff out there. 

Adams Glass Cleaner is awesome.

That is an interesting statement. It seems like you tried the other products with a mindset that they were going to be bad. Almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I've used what you're talking about and Adam's Glass Cleaner and the performance is near identical, in my opinion. 

Edited by ihaveacamaro

That is an interesting statement. It seems like you tried the other products with a mindset that they were going to be bad. Almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I've used what you're talking about and Adam's Glass Cleaner and the performance is near identical, in my opinion. 

Sounds to me like he tried it and didn't like it.  

It seems like you tried the other products with a mindset that they were going to be bad. Almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Actually, we all have the "try something different" bug just incase it is "better". 

:lol:

Why does everyone always say "a competitors product", just say the name. It's not like you're saying "hey, buy this product and not Adam's", nothing wrong with a little comparison. 

Competition breeds inovation :D

Edited by Mark L

:lol:

Why does everyone always say "a competitors product", just say the name. It's not like you're saying "hey, buy this product and not Adam's", nothing wrong with a little comparison. 

Competition breeds inovation :D

Because we don't allow it? ;)

Because we don't allow it? ;)

Surprising.

I'd love to see comparisons of the wash side by side. 

I use other products besides Adam's, but seeing side by side comparisons is what it's all about :)