Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Question

13-Mustang-GT/CS

Question

6 answers to this question

Americana is ready to remove within a minute or so. Just make sure to apply it thin. If you leave it on too long (say over 10 minutes), the residue will harden and will become difficult to remove without significant effort, so take your time and ensure all the residue is wiped off. Since it dries pretty quick, I don't think it is possible to remove Americana "too soon".

Because of all this, rather than doing the entire car, apply to only one or two panels at a time (ideally in the shade while the surface is cool), wipe off the residue, and then do one or two more. Compared to a liquid wax like BW, t takes a little more time and requires a bit of extra attention, but the results and protection qualities are totally worth it.

It usually hazes up for me after I've done 1-2 more panels. So I do 3 panels (depends on vehicle size), then to back and wipe off the first one I did. (Recommended by Adam's team)

Usually if you let a wax sit for too long then it becomes way harder to remove, thus making it easier for your shiny paint to get marred because you're wiping harder.

If you wipe it off too soon then I'm going to guess that it didn't have time to seat itself on top of clear/sealant/glaze.

You can do the "finger swipe" test to make sure if you want. Let the wax sit and when you think it hazed up enough, wipe your finger across the panel (6 inches or so) and if the paint looks clear and perfect where you wiped then it's ready to come off; if it looks greasy still, then it needs to settle more. The finger swipe test should work for all sealants and waxes, but not entirely sure about that. The Adam's team knows their product better than anyone and I'm sure will chime in here.

Edit: Gerry makes a good point. Americana probably can't be wiped off too soon.

Edited by BKazzle

Alright thanks for the input guys. I just figurer I ask this question because last time I waxed my car i used meg's nxt2.0 and it took about 30-40 min to haze up and when i did my car the other day with americana, i gave it about 20 min and it was hard to remove. My guess was that I let it sit too long. Also i do not have access to a garage, so when i am doing my detailing sometimes it is in the sun for a little. How does the sun effect the process of laying down a coat of americana?