Customer Service 866.965.0400

Xpell ultimate cf wrap and clear bra

j-r35

Question

Wanted some input on how to maintain my xpell ultimate cf wrap on the hood, roof, and trunk and also the clear bra.  Done a search and seems alot of people have different opinions on how to care for it.  I've heard to just wash it and leave it be and others have said you can use the machine polish on them.  As far as the cf wrap goes, is there anything i should do to it besides washing?  It's more of a matte cf wrap.  Here's a pic.  Thanks guys.

Switzerupdate01_zps6aa2e619.jpg

4 answers to this question

I have the clear bra on both my Vettes and I don't do anything different on that than I do on the rest of my car without it. Wash, wax, seal.

And I'm with ksell87.................MORE PICS!

So is it safe to use my pc w/polish, seal, and glaze?  Should i clay xpel surface as well?  Was looking at doing a full detail finally on it, no swirls thank god.  Here's a link to my build process from Switzer,  

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/82225-special-thanks-to-switzer-performance-innovation/

Planning on setting up a garage shoot this weekend hopefully if not maybe sometime next week.  Going to try and get some dyno time in as well in June.  Will post up some pics then as well.  Thanks guys. 

You should be fine with your clear bra with normal maintenance. However I wouldn't go with anything more aggressive than Fine Machine Polish when it comes to that process. Applying sealants, Brilliant Glaze and wax will also be fine on the clear bra. Just remember it's helpful to tape the edge off to avoid any damage or product build up in there.

As for the matte cf wrap this link may help you with that area. But I would like for one of the Adams crew to chime in as well to confirm. Also, I would NOT clay the matte wrap.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/20226-fixing-matte-vinyl-stripes/?fromsearch=1

I hope the link works as I'm doing this from my phone. Otherwise I'll fix it when I get to a computer.

Edited by JBlack151