Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Polishing

J.greenroyd

Question

8 answers to this question

Most of the time they're used for getting water spots off of glass and help eliminate any hazing as well.

A polish might help with surface scratches but I doubt deeper ones.

I'm willing to bet these polishes are no different than Adams fine Machine polish because I used they're setup on my shower glass doors and they are perfectly clear now. Of course I clayed and cleaned as well.

Most of the time they're used for getting water spots off of glass and help eliminate any hazing as well.

A polish might help with surface scratches but I doubt deeper ones.

I'm willing to bet these polishes are no different than Adams fine Machine polish because I used they're setup on my shower glass doors and they are perfectly clear now. Of course I clayed and cleaned as well.

Most glass polishes are more abrasive than even the new compound. Also the Glass polishing pads are thinner to create more heat.

Polishing glass with a rotary is pretty much a must.

Most glass polishes are more abrasive than even the new compound. Also the Glass polishing pads are thinner to create more heat.

Polishing glass with a rotary is pretty much a must.

That makes sense...my bet was wrong. Never used a glass polish and was just stupidly speculating.

Weird though because they usually advertise glass polish as getting rid of water spots and hazing, yet I've used others' paint polishes in the past and now Adam's least aggressive one with good results. I suppose they would help with worse imperfections since glass is hard, but when do you just give up and get a new, say, windshield...?

That makes sense...my bet was wrong. Never used a glass polish and was just stupidly speculating.

Weird though because they usually advertise glass polish as getting rid of water spots and hazing, yet I've used others' paint polishes in the past and now Adam's least aggressive one with good results. I suppose they would help with worse imperfections since glass is hard, but when do you just give up and get a new, say, windshield...?

You can pull off water spots with polish. Revive hand polish would do that in most cases.

Light scratches or removing light pitting you need something heavier and a rotary. If you can catch your finger nail on it, it isn't coming out.

Edited by TheBurninator

Glass is much much much harder than paint, so it takes heavy abrasives to really correct glass. I've done it a few times myself and its also a very messy process. 

Cerium (sp?) Oxide and a bronze wool pad + rotary buffer is what it took for me to remove glass scratches caused by a razor blade (someone carved male genitals into a friends window). Most every paint polish and pad combo is only really going to scour and clean the glass really well... it lacks the power to do actual correction.