Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water Hose

xabo

Question

11 answers to this question

I honestly have never noticed it.  We have amazing water pressure in our house though.  3/4" should give you better flow.  

I think I prefer the 5/8" because it's a non kink and the 3/4 is rubber and kinks like MAAAAAAAAD!  

Either would suffice as the nozzle itself is so downsized. I have a 3/8" copper line underground to the pool area for washing the filters and that has the same pressure as my 5/8" garden hoses, maybe better. The larger 3/4" diameter might be good if your running it 200' or so as Chewy mentions....

My story:  I installed a whole house water softener and it really impacted pressure and flow.  I wash using a 1/2 faucet (meaning the feed line and faucet is 1/2-in).  My pressure is not that bad (probably 60 psi+) but the GPM is barely 3 GPM.

I had tried another fire hose nozzle and was disappointed but tried the Adam's nozzle was a significant improvement but I use a full flow shut off (like Adam's) and a 5/8-in hose and insure I have it fully puled out from the reel. It makes a difference although not dramatic.

BTW, I did try the other hose nozzle in a higher flow/pressure situation and it works better but the Adam's nozzle worked best in all situations.

I do plan to get the outside spigot (hose bib) upgraded to match the hose main feed (5/8-in) so that includes the feed line from to the lspigot to increase GPM. I have a 2.8 GPM pressure washer so I can tell when the feed is not keeping up with the output.

The good news is that I have soft water and do not need to worry as much about water spots as I did earlier but I have still have mineral content so water spots do happen if not rinse in enough. I prefer the risk of dried soap over dried water so I only rinse a few ( 2 to 4) times during a wash.

Edited by Bunky

Me personally if you don't have a 1 inch main water line and 3/4 line feeding your hose bib, go 5/8's.  Most homes are going to be 3/4 main water line and 1/2 hose bib.

From the houses I have seen, there is usually a 5/8 or 3/4-in runs and then faucets,etc  are all 1/2-in runs from the main line to the faucet, shower, etc.  In my case, the main feed ends in a T with one 1/2 run to the kitchen sink and other goes to the outside bib. The 1/2-run is at least 10 to 15 ft so plan to upgrade this so it is full size to the spigot and get the higher flow bib.  The T itself is an insertion  loss.