Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail over a few days?

hawk115

Question

Since it takes a while to detail is it okay to leave the vehicle overnight? For example, I strip washed, clayed then revived. It was too dark to finish. I won't be able to get back to waxing until the following evening so the truck will be baking in the sun. My question is: do I need to start any steps over? Is my truck going to vulnerable to the sun and dust?

6 answers to this question

You should be ok...I did my Mustang over a couple weeks, but I also had it in the garage the whole time, but it still picked up dust from me parking my daily driver next to it and opening the door. 

The first time I did my G8 I did it slowly over like 5 weeks.  

My new truck was washed on Thursday and I just got some polish and sealant on half of it last night.  I'm doing the other half tonight. 

Chris

At the very most you should only have to re-wash the car again. Unless you live next to railroad tracks, you shouldn't have to worry about re-claying after only 24 hours.

Next time if you are going to be detailing a car and you are limited on time and don't have a garage: after washing the entire vehicle, work one panel at a time with clay/polish/wax. This way, the panels that you did get to detail are protected and worry-free, and the only unprotected areas are the ones you didn't get to touch yet. :2thumbs:

i did mine over a couple weeks. i washed&dried&alcohol'ed the car in the afternoon, then after dinner clayed, polished and sealed. then a week later, i just rewashed, glazed, americana waxed. my garage is dusty and any storage beyond a few hours requires at least a re wash. im guessing waterless car wash would work. just break the project up into manageable bites with good stopping points. doing it this way caused me an extra wash but on such a big vehicle, i just cant devote enough time at once. the first time i washed the wheels took a lot longer. i also sealed them after the first time and then used car shampoo/water mix to wash them the next which took very little time.