Customer Service 866.965.0400

2013 Syracuse Nationals July 19-21

So my dad and I will be going back again this year.  Anyone else going?  This year american pickers will be there as well as a new event this year that should be fun, autocross!

http://www.rightcoastcars.com/index.php

adams there last year:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/20032-adams-at-syracuse-nationals-2012-media-results/?hl=syracuse

Recording-breaking year for Syracuse Nationals

Event brought more than 7,750 cars to the 
New York State Fairgrounds

SYRACUSE, N.Y.– Syracuse, N.Y.-Three days of perfect weather, an enthusiastic crowd and a record-setting number of custom and collector cars combined to make the 13th annual Syracuse Nationals a memorable event for 90,000 visitors.

The event, held at the New York State Fairgrounds, in Syracuse, New York, on July 20, 21, and 22, featured nearly 8,000 custom and antique cars, street rods, rat rods and collectibles of all description.

Cars came from as far away as California, throughout Canada, and at least 40 states for the annual show. Additionally there were visitors from half way around the world, such as New Zealand, who made the trip to join the festivities.

This year there were nearly 400 vendors on site for the three-day event that officially kicked off on a Friday although the party started on the previous Saturday when the first of 500 motorhomes, campers and trailers pulled onto the infield of the Fairgrounds.

This year there was a new twist, modern American muscle. For the first time in its 13-year history the show opened the gates on Sunday to newer American-made muscle cars such as Corvettes, Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros, cars that were manufactured after 1980. Dubbed ‘American Muscle Sunday,’ the show within a show attracted dozens of people who took advantage of the invitation and brought their newer cars onto the grounds to join the party alongside the same make cars from an earlier era.

Bob O’Connor, director of the Right Coast Association, of Brewerton, N.Y., which stages the annual event, said he was pleased with the turn out of newer cars and will plan to do the same thing for the 2013 show.

Another show within a show was the rat rod pavilion where several hundred vintage hot rods, most all of which were low-budget cars, gathered where owners could share their passion among themselves and with the thousands of visitors who streamed through the area throughout the weekend.

The rat rods, or ‘old skool rods,’ as some people refer to them, are unique in the sense that they are strictly home made and demonstrate the skill and self-expression of their owners.

As if that wasn’t enough an extra element of festivity was added to the show thanks to 15 rock and blues bands that played on various stages for the three days.

The Center of Progress building, one of the largest structures on the 360-acre Fairgrounds, was a hot spot of activity all three days due to the presence of Daisy and Bo Duke, John Schneider and Catherine Bach, from the old television show the ‘Dukes of Hazzard.’ Schneider and Bach graciously signed autographs and posed for pictures for several hours each day. At times there were more than 600 people in line waiting to see the two TV stars who starred in the iconic show. On the set with them was a replica of the original General Lee, the orange 1969 Dodge Charger that was as big a part of the show as people who drove it.

look for the red camaro in a similar spot in the chevy court this year with 35 y/o original paint all adamized!

IMG950317.jpg

Edited by fortplainman

I am on my way to the Nationals right now...... Just stopped for lunch in Scranton PA. This is a "show of shows" for any car crazy peeps!!

Sadly last year when I asked someone at the Adams booth if there were any "Show Specials or discounts" the answer was: "NO, the prices are as marked".

They are not going to be there this year I guess.  My dad showed up at 5am and said their was about 300 cars waiting when the gates opened at 5:45am.

He stopped at the meguiars tent and texted me "guess meguiars has a grit guard for their buckets now...i wonder where they got that idea from lol".

Was a good show like always.  the autocross brought a bunch of pro touring style cars and vendors which was cool.  That black caddy you guys polished last year was there...with swirls...but won an award.  There were a lot of awards and very few cars that looked like they were just built that had swirl free paint.  I was very ashamed too.  Even told a few people slamming a cali brush on their car and a cali blade that they were doing a ton of damage and showed them what they did too, of course while I was repping my adams polishes shirt.  I need to get another one.

Went there for the weekend and saw a ton of cars that could have used some Adams detail spray........ Missed the "Giant Adams Bottle" this year.

Megs and Moms both had a huge display near the main entrance. Nobody was doing a detail demo like Adams did. Saturday weather was great despite an afternoon shower.

This is a must see show for all you car guys in the North East...... Circle your calendars for next year if you have never been there.