Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax job

nobodycares

Question

6 answers to this question

Plan on waxing my 05 dakota soon. What would you recommend as the best Adams wax for the job. Will probibly do all by hand . Thnx dave

I guess it depends on the condition of your paint, buttery wax

is a real nice finishing step!

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

If the vehicle you plan on waxing is a daily driver and/or it is exposed to harsh elements or weather, I'd suggest investing in a porter-cable 7424 polisher and use Adam's Machine Superwax. This wax has sealing properties and is more durable and lasts longer than the Buttery Wax (up to 6 months as opposed to 6 weeks). The downside is the Buttery Wax is easier to work with, but the tradeoff is worth it for a vehicle that sees a lot of mother nature. You live in Michigan so you probably know what I'm talking about ;)

If you want, get both. Do what I do which is a complete detail in March/April using the Superwax, wash once a week, and every 4-6 weeks lay down a coat of Buttery Wax by hand to maintain the shine and protection. Then another complete detail around October/November to prepare for winter.

Either way you can't go wrong and both products will give you fantastic results :thumbsup:

Edited by GerryC