Customer Service 866.965.0400

New "Ultimate Flex Kit" Owner from NJ

1MEANGS

What's up everyone? My name is Eric, & I own a 2011 Super Sonic Blue Corvette Grandsport... I picked up the Ultimate flex kit on Thursday afternoon at the Corvettes @ Carlisle booth Adams has there! Went there with the intent of purchasing a bunch of items from them & possibly a polisher... Whelp I left with everything and then some (: on top of the kit I got the firehose nozzle \ shut-off valve, detail poster, & an Adams t-shirt, Metal polishes, & the wheel woolies... Boy em I glad I did... Not only em I happy with all the new products I got (even took everything back to the hotel room, and laid it all out to drool) LOL... But all of the guys from the Adams team and Adam himself are awesome people & know how to treat there customers!!! Went to the dinner last night after the Corvette show and had food \ beers with the crew, the GF & I had a awesome time... Truly appreciate the hospitality yous all given me \ my GF the last couple days, and happy to know I made some cool new friends... Ill stop with the book Ha ha - See you all soon!

Edited by 1MEANGS

Awesome man. That's a nice kit you got there, make sure to post pics of your vette when you get a chance! and WELCOME!

Thanks bro, I'll post a few pics up tomorrow when I get home from PA... Kinda hard from my Cell phone lol

Welcome! Where at in Jersey? I'm about 20 minutes outside of Philly. If you're in the area and ever need a hand with anything at anytime, let me know.

Thanks ill def take you up on that offer if need be, & we will have to meet up @ a show or something along those lines! I'm located in Wall NJ

Do yourself a favor and grab a gallon of the MF Revitalizer. The stuff does wonders.

Ahh I forgot too mention that I also picked up a giant bottle of that too!! (= (36oz I believe, thats all they had for me at the show, I'll have to grab more when I run out) What's your cleaning schedule w\ your Adams gear? Edited by 1MEANGS

Nice meeting you two! Welcome here and THANK YOU for your business!

Thanks bud, & thank you for all the help! Lookin foward to posting on the forum & meeting new people \& progressing with my detailing skills!!!  

Hey Eric. Was nice meeting the two of you. Sounds like you'll be busy the next few weeks :) have fun and post some pics.

Busy is an understatement, was lucky enough to take these last few days off to come out here due to my work schedule but it was way worth the experience... Good luck with everything man!

Ahh I forgot too mention that I also picked up a giant bottle of that too!! (= (36oz I believe, thats all they had for me at the show, I'll have to grab more when I run out) What's your cleaning schedule w\ your Adams gear?

It really depends on what I'm doing. Everything gets cleaned after each use. If I'm doing a full detail then I have a spare five gallon bucket that I dump 3 oz of APC into and 3/4 full of water. As I finish using items they'll go into the bucket until I get done. I usually try to make sure the water gets agitated once every 30 min or so. At the end everything gets cleaned as recommended by Adam's. I spot treat the MF with APC and agitate with my fingernail then usually mist the whole thing. After I've done that to all of them they go into the washer with 3 oz of MF Revitalizer. I have a new Samsung HE washer/dryer so they go in on the delicate cycle (low spin) with warm water wash and an extra rinse. Everything goes together except my single and double softs...they are washed by themselves. Everything is tumble dried on low heat which usually takes about one hour. I hand wash all the pads and applicators with Dawn except the ones I use for QS. My QS apps are soaked in the sink with 2 oz APC for a few hours or overnight (depending on when they go in). Everything gets thoroughly rinsed after. Adam's doesn't recommend it but I have a rack that goes inside my dryer for drying shoes so I'll put the in with all the pads applicator side up and run the dryer on low heat to dry them.

Have you made yourself any SVRT milk yet? It makes applying it to your tires worlds easier.

It really depends on what I'm doing. Everything gets cleaned after each use. If I'm doing a full detail then I have a spare five gallon bucket that I dump 3 oz of APC into and 3/4 full of water. As I finish using items they'll go into the bucket until I get done. I usually try to make sure the water gets agitated once every 30 min or so. At the end everything gets cleaned as recommended by Adam's. I spot treat the MF with APC and agitate with my fingernail then usually mist the whole thing. After I've done that to all of them they go into the washer with 3 oz of MF Revitalizer. I have a new Samsung HE washer/dryer so they go in on the delicate cycle (low spin) with warm water wash and an extra rinse. Everything goes together except my single and double softs...they are washed by themselves. Everything is tumble dried on low heat which usually takes about one hour. I hand wash all the pads and applicators with Dawn except the ones I use for QS. My QS apps are soaked in the sink with 2 oz APC for a few hours or overnight (depending on when they go in). Everything gets thoroughly rinsed after. Adam's doesn't recommend it but I have a rack that goes inside my dryer for drying shoes so I'll put the in with all the pads applicator side up and run the dryer on low heat to dry them.

Have you made yourself any SVRT milk yet? It makes applying it to your tires worlds easier.

Lotta great info here! Thanks for the advice... I haven't tried to make any VRT milk, what's that?

Lotta great info here! Thanks for the advice... I haven't tried to make any VRT milk, what's that?

Diluted SVRT. Mix it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle. Gives you a spray application for applying to the tires. Just spray it on, spread with the tire applicator, and wipe off the excess with a towel (I have some el-chepo MF's I bought at an auto parts store that I use for applications like this (they get washed with the utility towels and such)). The biggest thing to any SVRT application is to make sure that the surface is clean or the stuff doesn't last. I did a buddy's car yesterday and had to scrub the tires twice to get whatever dressing was on there before off and another pass to get them clean.

I just throw all my microfibers together in the wash with 2 oz revitalizer and liquid tide. Dry them30 minutes on med heat. Come out perfectly done. Never had a problem. And get yourself a large bottle of blue Dawn dish liquid for your pads and applicators. The stuff is amazing.

Edited by CMDChase

I just throw all my microfibers together in the wash with 2 oz revitalizer and liquid tide. Dry them30 minutes on med heat. Come out perfectly done. Never had a problem. And get yourself a large bottle of blue Dawn dish liquid for your pads and applicators. The stuff is amazing.

This is probably true but when I did it with my glass towels and double soft, the glass towels came out with lint all over them.

Diluted SVRT. Mix it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle. Gives you a spray application for applying to the tires. Just spray it on, spread with the tire applicator, and wipe off the excess with a towel (I have some el-chepo MF's I bought at an auto parts store that I use for applications like this (they get washed with the utility towels and such)). The biggest thing to any SVRT application is to make sure that the surface is clean or the stuff doesn't last. I did a buddy's car yesterday and had to scrub the tires twice to get whatever dressing was on there before off and another pass to get them clean.

Sweet! Def gana try this out (: Edited by 1MEANGS

Do not use the SVRT milk as tire dressing. That's what SVRT is for by itself. If you have a truck and want to hit the knobs that's fine, but otherwise you're not going to get the results you are looking for in quality or durability.

Not saying you're wrong but I put SVRT milk on my tires and ran it for a week and a half with rainy days. When the rain moved out my tires looked as good as when I first applied it. I also average 80 miles/day (37 miles one way commute to work).

Eric, It was nice meeting you....have fun with all of your goodies!

BTW your gf was very patient at the booth..you better keep her. :)

I sure will... Can't wait to try everything out later! Thats the plan, she's definitely a keeper (; Was a pleasure meeting ya Chris, thanks for all the advice over the last few days! See-Ya @round