Customer Service 866.965.0400

Good at home pressure washer ?

Sandalwood

Question

9 answers to this question

I went back and forth trying to decide on a pressure washer. Long story short I ended up with a Kranzle from Phil over at Detailers Domain. It's electric and super quiet which is great since I'm mobile and start early in the mornings. Had it for a year now and while it was EXPENSIVE it's been totally worth it.

I got this one from Amazon and love it

Karcher X-Series featuring the Industry's First Water Cooled Induction Motor 2000PSI Electric Pressure Washer with 25-Foot Hose and Hose Reel, K5.540

great pressure, not too loud at all, handy hose reel.  i use it on my wheel and car.  you wont regret it.

I got this one from Amazon and love it

Karcher X-Series featuring the Industry's First Water Cooled Induction Motor 2000PSI Electric Pressure Washer with 25-Foot Hose and Hose Reel, K5.540

great pressure, not too loud at all, handy hose reel.  i use it on my wheel and car.  you wont regret it.

That's the same one I have.  The only thing I don't like is it is top heavy and has fallen over on me once or twice.  Other than that its not bad at all. 

i had a Karcher X-Series when i was in an apartment. it got the job done and never failed. since moving into a house, i opted to get a gas powered Briggs&Stratton washer. it can handle longer run times and more pressure than the electric one did.

Once you go gas, you never go back.  I had two electrics go on me before steeping up to a gas.... and you can use it for the house/sidewalks/bricks/etc  Be careful about going above 1500 on painted wood surfaces though, I started to strip my porch before I realized I had the wrong tip (2500).

I have this little beauty:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_74754-348-20413_0__?productId=3113807&CAWELAID=1084417183

Edited by gencoupe3dot8

Agree gas is more powerful. For what I use it for, electric/ 2000 psi is plenty and the convenience of it is great. I have it set up in the corner of my garage near the door, a T on the hose tap in the garage as well, when it want to use it I simply turn it on and pull out the hose. When I'm done I wind the hose on the reel built into the karcher. I can pull it out if needed for other cleaning jobs but 99% of my use is for washing the cars.

What are some good brands of pressure washers? Looks like Karchers are pretty nice..

In one word: COSTCO

If you're a member, get it at Costco 

I cannot tell you how ironclad their return policy is with pretty much everything in the store, although some limitations, but mostly geared towards computers and electronics.

I've seen people bring in pressure washers that were 5 years old, no joke, while waiting in the return line, and Costco gave them their money back. Not saying this is right, but that kind of no questions asked policy is pretty impressive.

If the thing ever craps out on you, know that you're covered.

My current power washer is from Costco, it's a Briggs and Stratton model I believe, 3000PSI, cost $300. They only carry 1 model, so no worries there.

You just missed out too, they had the pressure washer with a $40 coupon back in May or June I believe.

Nevertheless it's a great buy for the specs you get.

Karchers are largely junk - what's your budget?  With power washers, you have to pay to play...

Gotta disagree here, I have a Karcher model, still going strong (got it at Costco :D). It's a great German made product.

I SWEAR by this thing! It is one of the best products I've ever bought! Works wonders on cement and fences without all the blowback in your face a typical power nozzle attachment would give you. The thing is super powerful, if you want pristine sidewalks and fences, this is the attachment for you!

I paid $75 for it back in April of 2012, so it's a steal now at $59

Just my .02
Edited by Mark L