Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl & Haze remover and Paint correcting polish

alenv10

Question

20 answers to this question

Very different products.

Paint Correcting Polish has MUCH more correcting ability than Swirl & Haze, but finishes down even finer. So much so that it can actually be used as a one step product if you have the technique right. It also dusts far less. 

Paint Finishing Polish is a finer grade polish than Fine Machine polish... it has a drastically longer open time and has far fewer issues with dusting and gumming. 

Edited by Nick@Adams

I used the correcting polish last night for the first time.  It definitely cuts a lot more and IMO it's harder to wipe it off clean, but being that it was my first go round, I'd take what I say with a grain of salt.

More tonight!  

The finish polish is 100 times better than FMP IMO.  

okay thanks for the info guys! i already ordered the new correcting and finishing polishes was just wondering. 

a buddy of mine wants to try adams but doesnt want to spend $60 on 2 polish bottles. worth it in my opinion

60 bucks for the results they garner makes it worth it.  

I played again last night and what I found with my limited experience is you can work CP down on the orange pad to a point where it looks like you used FP, but with the MF pad and CP, it's a little harder to garner those results.  

CP and FP are a MUCH better polish! 

While the price may put some people off, realize that you can do multiple vehicles (read 5+ depending on condition) with a single set of two-step polishes. I did My G8 two months ago, granted it was in pretty decent shape to begin with, but the level of product left in my two bottles was still above the top of the label when I was finished.

While the price may put some people off, realize that you can do multiple vehicles (read 5+ depending on condition) with a single set of two-step polishes. I did My G8 two months ago, granted it was in pretty decent shape to begin with, but the level of product left in my two bottles was still above the top of the label when I was finished.

If you get what you pay for (or more), there's no problem.  The cost of the Adam's Correction system is about average for a boutique product...and if you can get a handful of cars out of them (possibly for money), all the better.

I was on the phone with a guy this morning and he asked why my detailing is so expensive - I asked "How much SHOULD it cost?"  his answer? "Oh, I don't know."  Ha!  If you want quality, you pay to play...

If you get what you pay for (or more), there's no problem.  The cost of the Adam's Correction system is about average for a boutique product...and if you can get a handful of cars out of them (possibly for money), all the better.

I was on the phone with a guy this morning and he asked why my detailing is so expensive - I asked "How much SHOULD it cost?"  his answer? "Oh, I don't know."  Ha!  If you want quality, you pay to play...

Some guy told me, " you charge to much for detailing"

i gave him an offer of $120 for clay, single stage polish, sealant, wax.  this guys is crazy!!!!!

it really ticked me off

120. For that?!? Crap I tell people 250 to start and we go from there. Mostly because, one, usually busy with my own life to stop and do that, two, if they say ok, then they know what is all involved and understand that your time is worth something.

Some guy told me, " you charge to much for detailing"

i gave him an offer of $120 for clay, single stage polish, sealant, wax.  this guys is crazy!!!!!

it really ticked me off

LOL I know how you feel . I get it all the time . I just tell them this the price now when you come back .After your not happy with the cheaper detail . The price will be double as now I have to fix what they screwed up. Like the old saying goes " Pay me now or Pay me double later " LOL

Thread anwsered a few of my questions. I still have a lot of SSHR, SHR, and FMP but never got the results I was looking for on a few panels, although it did do a great job a eliminating a good deal of imperfections on my silver birch. Reading up and trying to set up a date in a few weeks to do a complete detail and debating on picking up the new polishes and if I should get the foam pads as I need a new set since the one's I have are pretty used, if I should pick up the mircofiber pads, or both just in case? Anyone used one or the other on a GM truck? Just trying to cross my T's and dot my i's ahead of time and get everything I need.

Its so hard to say which pad will be better until you take it to the paint and test it, if you want to hedge your bets you will want both. Being that your truck is silver birch I think you could get away with the MF regardless. Its on black and darker colors that the MF not finishing down as well really presents, with kind of a milky look. 

On silver and similar colors you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference IMO. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Its on black and darker colors that the MF not finishing down as well really presents, with kind of a milky look. 

^^^Agreed^^^

I ended up using the white foam pad and my flex to finish my (black) car, because I didn't get the jeweled look I wanted with the MF.  This is something I had a heck of a time doing with FMP and the Flex, but FP finishes down AMAZINGLY! 

The orange MF and correcting polish is HEAVY DUTY!  I personally suggest it ONLY for really battered paint.

Thread anwsered a few of my questions. I still have a lot of SSHR, SHR, and FMP but never got the results I was looking for on a few panels, although it did do a great job a eliminating a good deal of imperfections on my silver birch. Reading up and trying to set up a date in a few weeks to do a complete detail and debating on picking up the new polishes and if I should get the foam pads as I need a new set since the one's I have are pretty used, if I should pick up the mircofiber pads, or both just in case? Anyone used one or the other on a GM truck? Just trying to cross my T's and dot my i's ahead of time and get everything I need.

Smith after using the new polishes and pads, i would suggest getting the orange microfiber, and white foam, or orange micro and both foam! 

Its so hard to say which pad will be better until you take it to the paint and test it, if you want to hedge your bets you will want both. Being that your truck is silver birch I think you could get away with the MF regardless. Its on black and darker colors that the MF not finishing down as well really presents, with kind of a milky look. 

Thanks for the input Dylan :shake: I had read that about it not finishing down as well on some other posts but didn't know the extent of it and how noticeable it really was. Thanks for clearing that up.

^^^Agreed^^^

I ended up using the white foam pad and my flex to finish my (black) car, because I didn't get the jeweled look I wanted with the MF.  This is something I had a heck of a time doing with FMP and the Flex, but FP finishes down AMAZINGLY! 

The orange MF and correcting polish is HEAVY DUTY!  I personally suggest it ONLY for really battered paint.

Thanks for the input as well Chewy, it's greatly appreciated. I'll be working with my PC as I've had it since I bought my first order in 2010, wish I had a flex though lol....glad to know the FP finishes down well.

I've wanted to try a polish with more cut since I got the SSHR and it didn't remove some stuff as well as I would have liked. I also would like to go back to just a two step system for when I eventually take the time to polish my girlfriends car and since I already have a little bit longer time polishing while using the PC.

I wouldn't call my truck paint "battered" as it's had a previous full correction and a touch up but I can be honest and say with it being my daily I've given it a few less than "proper" one bucket quick washes that have caused me to aquire some swirls as well as marks from bushes and other things in driveways and cow pastures, etc. 

Smith after using the new polishes and pads, i would suggest getting the orange microfiber, and white foam, or orange micro and both foam! 

Appreciate the suggestion man! I guess I'll have to put together an order and see what's in the cards for me to purchase money wise lol.....might do what you said and get the orange micro to experiment with on my paints and get both foam as you said since I know I can go to them for results.

Read some reviews on another detailing forum and really liked the results shown as well as the reviews from people who use many other polishes on a regular bases. Great things were said and although there are many things to choose from on the market this definitely seems like exactly what I am looking for in a polish. Plus there's always a 110% back guarantee right? haha. On a serious note I will be watching the daily specials and placing an order soon. Thanks guys.