Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber pads for sealant?

Green Machine

Question

4 answers to this question

Use foam for sealant or glaze - microfiber will swallow up too much product and possibly leave behind some micromarring. 

You can apply with either pad, but from my experience, I feel the foam pad finishes better than MF pads do. 

Any speed between 4.5 & 6 would work for the finishing polish (assuming you're talking about the 3401)

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome

I use the MF hand pads for my quick sealant application.  I prefer them over almost anything.  

As for the machine pads and FP, I use the foam for the best jeweling effect.  I think MF doesn't polish down as well/easily.  MF is great for the paint that doesn't need correcting polish, but needs more than FP and foam, but I'd still finish with the white pad.  MSS I use the gray machine pad.  BG I use a MF hand pad.  

JMO/experience. 

2 questions: first is has anyone used a microfiber pad for applying sealant or glaze? 

Both the microfiber pads have a level of cutting power to them, so neither is good for applying a sealant. Stick to foam pads (gray or red) for applying waxes, sealants, or glazes. 

Second one is when applying paint finishing polish is there a preference of foam or microfiber 

It all depends on the car, the condition, and personal preference. Have a look at this video for an overview of why you would choose one pad over another:

at what speed is best for flex???

Generally setting 5 or 6, but in some cases you may need to jump down to speed 4... a lot will depend on your individual situation. If you find the finish is hazy or you have 'chop marks' after using the pads at a higher speed, try slowing the machine down and doing another pass.