Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tires

LFairbanks

Does anybody know anybody know anything about these tires?  Is there a particular style that you would recommend that I look at?  The issue here is the load range needs to be E.

http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-all-terrain-adventure?ub=Y&updatecase=passivelyStored&action=save&webprodid=2732&productcode=74801457200000

http://www.4x4review.com/goodyear-wrangler-all-terrain-adventure-with-kevlar/

I haven't run that particular model, but I've been pleased with every Goodyear tire I've used. The Wrangler is a very good all-terrain tire (as are the BFGs), and as long as you don't need a real aggressive tread pattern they should serve you well.

I had a set of Goodyear Wrangler silent armor on my last truck that were load range e and they were great all weather tires. Tread wore well, 60000 miles out of them. Quiet and smooth ride from them with great snow and rain traction. Can't speak from personal experience but I also hear quite a bit of good things about nitto terra grapplers.

Does anybody buy their tires online?  Just curious, seems to be a hard find when it comes to those Nitto's in the size I would need and a load range of E or 124, online.  A lot of people that I have delivered tires to have told me they can find them cheaper online as opposed to the stores.  What is everybody's thought when you factor in balancing and road hazard?  I know some places will even do lifetime balancing on the tires if purchased from a brick and mortar store as well.  Thoughts?

I've bought from Tire Rack two or three times. There is a wharehouse in Reno so they come quickly...IIRC shipping is like $50 for 4 tires.

When I got new tires for the Audi last December, the local dealership just ordered them from there, and took 10% off for me....because they had the better ratings than OE (same make however) and the dealership wanted $50 more a tire.

I never get road hazard or balancing....can't explain it, just don't. I think Les Shwab is free, and might even price match Tire Rack.

Chris.....The last couple of years I have purchased all my tires for myself and my parents from Tire Rack.  Then the local shop charges very little to mount/balance them for me.   I never purchase road hazard on any tire (same goes for my father).   I get them balanced when I have them mounted first time then when they get around 50% worn then get them rebalanced.  

Edited by DieselDude