Customer Service 866.965.0400

How Do I go about swirl marks?! Help!

96STEEDA

Question

First off I have to say Adams is by far the best product I have used since I started detailing cars at the age of 16..I got my mustang painted last summer and well the black color choice for the top is finely starting to fulfill those statements people say about black vehicles. HAHA!..well I see spider webs and fine scratches nothing deep just surface scratches..I tried to resolve the problem with just fine machine polish and white pad but no luck it made it shine even more but only took out some of the scratches and spide webs..shouls I try the orange pad and the SWH remover? also I am thinking about just starting all over next week and washing the car with dawn dish detergent to remove everything and just spend a day doing the car..starting with SWH, then revive, fine machine, and then butter wax..if someone could tell me the speed settings for the steps I am going to do please let me know..I am no amateur with Adams and the porter cable but I am alittle stump with these spider webs and swirl marks...Thanks Chris..GO NAVY!:glasses:

6 answers to this question

Well Chris, first...:welcomebanner: to the forum:thumbsup:

If you go to the detailing videos it will answer must of your questions.

I take it your using the PC:pc:,don't be afraid to use some muscle

to remove swirl marks from your paint and also clay first:thumbsup:

I'm sure as soon as the rest of the detailers wake up they'll give you some more help.

Do you have any pictures of what the swirl and scrathes look like?

Good luck....

Edited by jjwvette

Hi Chris

Jim is correct, clay first would be a great idea :banana::banana:

And Adam just put out a new video that actually answers all of your questions :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1327

If this doesn't tell you everything you need to know just ask away and we can get you squared away :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And don't forget to take pictures :pc::pc::pc: