Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT? any comments welcome

GMaak

Question

Hello,

I have flexi-tile (pvc) through out garage and I am thinking of watering down VRT and applying it to floor via garden sprayer to keep it looking new.

Manufacture recommends shine keeper from Armstrong but it is used for no wax floors and I am afraid It will be to shiny and get traffic marks in very little time.

The big question is can you cut/water down VRT. Or do you recommend something else?

DSC08865-1.jpg?t=1234141690

Any suggestions welcome.

7 answers to this question

Hey, I've seen that Jaguar! In fact, it had a REALLY shiny spot on the roof last time I saw it?? :D

Be careful of putting VRT on the floor. I'd rather see you use something that kept the floor dark, and didn't have the properties that can make the floor slippery when wet.

Back to Black? Let's get a better idea of what look you are are going for!:thumbsup:

Adam, thanks for the honest reply. I usually use a otc degreaser like 409 or some kind of orange degreaser otc.

I love what VRT does to the car but was not sure what it would do to flooring.

PS....I am still looking forward to the new paste wax. Any ETA?

Regards,

Gary

I'd stay with the Armstrong cleaner. It's not slick and most flooring cleaners (today) are not a polish. Most flooring is going toward a matte finish instead of high gloss. We (in my day job) don't even have a cleaner/polish for high gloss anymore. That is why the two have been separated.

The polish is a separate application. The cleaner is just that, a cleaner. It shouldn't add any shine at all.

Armstrong makes a product called Once and Done. I'd give that a try, as opposed to Shine Keeper.

great advise. I'd try Murphy's Soap Oil on one of the black squares and see if it gives you what you're looking for.

I'd stay with the Armstrong cleaner. It's not slick and most flooring cleaners (today) are not a polish. Most flooring is going toward a matte finish instead of high gloss. We (in my day job) don't even have a cleaner/polish for high gloss anymore. That is why the two have been separated.

The polish is a separate application. The cleaner is just that, a cleaner. It shouldn't add any shine at all.

Armstrong makes a product called Once and Done. I'd give that a try, as opposed to Shine Keeper.