Customer Service 866.965.0400

Filtered Water To Wash Car

GratefulDiver

Question

Anybody filter there water they wash there car with? I have access to a free new two stage filter system that I was thinking of rigging up to wash my cars with. My water here is like 350-400 TDS and I wasn't sure if that was the reason for BAD water spots on my daily driver when I wash it.

4 answers to this question

Yes. I have a filter set up to my outside hose that I use to wash my car. Not sure what my water is, but before the filter, I would notice water spots on my new black car that I purchased. Had to take it in to have it detailed since I had the coverage. But after that I decided to get a filter system and ever since (4 years ago) haven't had water spots problem.

If you have access to it for free, by all means get/use it! It will save you from water spots.

My house came with a Rainsoft system. Saw a tag on it dated 2002 lol. It's plugged in but have no idea if it works. Would love to tap a hose Bibb onto that baby and use that for washes. Need my Rainsoft guy to come check it. Emailed him and he tried to sell me a whole system. I'm like.. 'Did you read my email?' Ugh.

The Rainsoft sytem is probably a tradional water softener, trades minerals for sodium. Not the best for washing your car with. Make sure you have a good RO system too before drinking the water.

Bruce