Customer Service 866.965.0400

Audi 2009 dark cloth interior detail

ericR

Did a little spring cleaning today! Turned out quite alright although i cant seem to find the perfect vacum cleaner acessories, never get it 100%.

Could only clean carpets with waterless wash since i didn't have any water nearby, how do you guys get the mats black again? Svrt is to slippery, no?

I have to say, as satisfied as I'am with all of adams products, the total interior just doesn't work that well for me on the black audi plastic as displayed by a close up underneath, am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, here are some pictures, they are quite big so click for full size  :)

post-9923-0-54085700-1396798727_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-05665100-1396798726_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-50340600-1396798720_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-74258100-1396798723_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-02973600-1396798722_thumb.jpg

Here are some wide shoots as well, to bad you can't smell the pictures, Adam's brings the new car smell every time! 

post-9923-0-92195800-1396799516_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-18385400-1396799515_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-25075900-1396799518_thumb.jpg

Edited by ericR

Looks good.  APC would get the mats cleaner and SVRT really is dry to the touch, but I don't think I'd waste it on mats.  I've had the same experience with TID.  It looks terrible on most smooth plastics.

Thanks! hmm.. so I might have to.. use.. another... brand? Say it aint so! 

Here's my experience with it.  Read the whole thread. http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24596-total-interior-detailer/

I love it for most dashboards, seats, vinyl, and textured plastics, but as you experienced too, it just seems to not work well on smooth plastics.  Perhaps SVRT or leather conditioner will work better for you.

I also love the A4 with a manual.  They are rare in the US.

Interesting read! The pictures you posted matches mine to a tee! i takes forever and tons of product to remove streaks. 

Guess I'll have to look for a dedicated plastic dresser. 

Yeah manual is the way to go :) in Sweden most cars are manual, probably like a 90-10 ratio or something :)

Must be all the different makes of plastic. I never had any problems with the Total Interior Detailer. I spray it on a microfiber towel first, then apply. Seems to be a little harder to even out if you just spray it directly on the surface. Granted, my interior is like new and always stays that way, so maybe that's why I don't have a problem. I actually like the stuff works for me and smells good. 

Every plastic surface is different, and as such it's hard to get a single product that works well on everything. I have had no luck with TID on the smooth plastic that surrounds my G8's center stack (streaks like Matt said, and took too much effort to level out), but it works great on the smooth plastic that covers the entire dash of the vette. TID works great on the textured plastic in my G8, but the textured "dash pad" in the vette needs LC in order to look detailed. Once you figure out what works where, it becomes second nature.