Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waxing questions

IAcamoprincess01

Question

I just ordered the buttery wax and can't wait to use it, but I have a couple questions.

1. It says on the back of the bottle to clay the vehicle first and my car does need to be clayed, but do I have to clay before I wax or can I wash and wax without the clay bar treatment?

2. I picked up the blue applicators for applying the wax and on the bottle of the wax it says to spray the pad with detail spray first before you apply the wax... If I just washed th car and dried with detail spray do I still apply tmore detail spray to the pad?

4 answers to this question

It's recommended to clay before waxing because it removed the particles in and on your paint.

I don't spray my wax applicators with anything before applying. If you are talking about the handheld applicators you should just apply wax to the applicator and apply to paint evenly.

You don't HAVE to clay before you wax.  It would certainly look better if you did but the wax will work fine by itself.

Just to avoid any confusion - don't clay AFTER you wax.

I would go ahead and clay the car, especially if you haven't done so already.  Makes a HUGE difference and it doesn't take much time at all.  Foundation is everything when it comes to...well...just about everything.  Make sure the car is as clean as can be and then let the detailing commence.