Customer Service 866.965.0400

Purchasing my first Polisher

kostnkost

Question

I am going to purchase the Cyclo Polisher this Xmas, and I am sure to have a ton of questions in the near future.  I was wondering though is there everything I need in the two step Cyclo Kit?  I have a 2013 Camaro that has minor swirls that need correction when spring rolls around next year.  I have done my homework and have come to the conclusion that the Cyclo is the way to go for a newbie such as myself.  This will be the first time ever polishing a car with a machine, so its a bit intimidating for me. 

11 answers to this question

Thats awesome, you will love the Cyclo! Its a great machine. A couple of questions

1) Do you have what you need to wash the car?

2) Do you have a decent clay bar and lubricant/ Detail Spray

3) Do you have quality micro fiber towels for product removal?

4) Do you have some good wax for when you are done polishing?

Thats awesome, you will love the Cyclo! Its a great machine. A couple of questions

1) Do you have what you need to wash the car?

2) Do you have a decent clay bar and lubricant/ Detail Spray

3) Do you have quality micro fiber towels for product removal?

4) Do you have some good wax for when you are done polishing?

Two bucket wash system always using adams shampoo and wash mitt.

I have the red and blue clay sponges, using a basic detail spray for lube.  I never use adams detail spray when claying.

I have a bunch of Zaino borderless blondes which are the best towels I own right now, but not sure if i should use those for polish removal.

I also have Americana wax sitting in my basement waiting to be used :2thumbs:

I am going to purchase the Cyclo Polisher this Xmas, and I am sure to have a ton of questions in the near future.  I was wondering though is there everything I need in the two step Cyclo Kit?  I have a 2013 Camaro that has minor swirls that need correction when spring rolls around next year.  I have done my homework and have come to the conclusion that the Cyclo is the way to go for a newbie such as myself.  This will be the first time ever polishing a car with a machine, so its a bit intimidating for me. 

Besides what is in the kit, the most important thing is good wash supplies, which it sounds like you have by reading your other post.

The pads that come in the kit are enough, or do I need to purchase extra?

Its always a good idea to have additional pads, especially the polishing stages (orange and white) as those will see the most work. The waxing/glazing pads operate at low speed, aren't worked for as long, and won't be doing multiple high stress passes so you can get away with just one set of those.

Theres nothing more frustrating than being mid correction and having a pad get too gummed up to continue, or damaged by a sharp corner and having to order more that won't arrive for a few days via mail. Pads are relatively inexpensive, store indefinitely, and will save your detail if you have them as backups.