Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Americana wax or Patriot wax

El_Gabe

Question

looking to make the switch from the good buttery wax to one of these

but having trouble deciding 

is there a difference from the americana to the patriot?

what will make the "Race Red" paint pop  better 

is one easier than the other to apply? and what you guys suggest i should use to apply it 

thank you  for the help im still  learning in this game and why not begin with the best product in the world

OK guys, I'm new to this method of "brilliance" and/or superb shine fascination, so any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I have almost all the products Adam's sells (except for the Patriot Wax), although, I would like to use them wisely to enjoy my cars showing. 

FYI: My 2000 GS400 is garaged and driven occasionally and my wife's 2008 RX350, also garaged but driven almost daily.

Q: How often can I apply Seal, Glaze, and Wax on my cars? Do I need to wait a certain period of time to re-apply any or all of the products?

The sealant has a longer life on the vehicle than either the wax or glaze, and may need reapplication depending upon the exposure to the elements, etc. in about 6 months time.

Wax should be good for about 3  4 months, and glaze a few days!

Adam has a video explaining layering, and it contains answers to all of the questions you posted.....................

Hi Frank, I see you have 3 posts so I'm going to guess you might be fairly new around here.  Some of this explanation might be too in-depth and you may already know how the products work, so I'm not trying to insult your intelligence in any way :)

You can apply the Liquid Paint Sealant, Brilliant Glaze, and wax - whether it be Buttery Wax, Americana Paste Wax, or Patriot Wax - quite frequently, but it becomes a question of if you are wasting product when you don't need to.  I personally like to try to do a polish/seal/glaze/wax treatment on my daily driver each quarter of the year.  For my GTO show car, I may only end up waxing it twice a year since it doesn't go outside of the garage nearly as much.

If the finish is still beading water and protecting the vehicle, then you don't really have to throw another coat of wax on it, but you could put on another coat of Brilliant Glaze if you want a little extra shine after a month or two depending on how much rain, snow, car washes, etc that the vehicle sees.  There's also the option of spraying the car down with Detail Spray after a wash, since it has a little bit of wax content in it that will help extend the life of the wax coating.  You don't want to layer tons and tons of coats of a paste wax though, because it's wasting product and can eventually dull the finish with too much wax.

As for cure times for each product, the LPS hazes up within about a minute after applying and you can wipe it off right then.  I like to wait about half hour or so before I then apply Brilliant Glaze.  The BG hazes up really fast and wipes off incredibly easy, and any wax can be applied right after the BG.  For all three products, I like to work on one panel at a time when applying and then removing with a single soft or double soft microfiber towel.

As Robert said, here's the video where Adam goes over it all in great detail:

Edited by psu goat