Customer Service 866.965.0400

General cleaning product guide

Mooser

Question

I was trying to put together a list of general product guidelines to give to some of my car buddies who are getting into Adams products. These weren't meant to be instructions on how to use, more like when/what to use.  Please let me know if there are any glaring errors I missed.

Adams Product Use V2.pdf

Edited by Mooser

5 answers to this question

Nice list Mooser!

I would add a few things:

• for polishing - add tape emblems and rubber surrounds
  • for Waterless Wash - can be used on matte finishes
  • for Americana - do not let haze too long - remove after every other panels at most.

Thanks. I was trying not to get in too deep on the "how to" and concentrate on the "what order" or "where to use" that's why I didn't get into taping etc. Honestly I was getting a little confused with where the new HGG would/should fit into my own regiment, forget about explaining to others who are converting from one bucket washes with dish soap and then an annual turtle wax....

Nice list Mooser!

I would add a few things:

• for polishing - add tape emblems and rubber surrounds
  • for Waterless Wash - can be used on matte finishes
  • for Americana - do not let haze too long - remove after every other panels at most.

Good point on the Americana, I'll add that to the notes area there

Never thought about the matte finishes for the washes, can any of the wash products (red/blue soap, rinseless, diluted rinseless / waterless) not be used on the matte paints or stripes? I didn't think they left anything behind (I have no matte bits to deal with at this point) 

You can also use VRT on rubber/dark plastic so you don't need to tape that.

Another good point, I just put to dress the trim on the correction. I guess I should call it out better (vrt) and add one to the start of the protection section also. Not needed for the quick sealant or detail spray but pretty much anything else could be an issue.

Thanks, I'll add those

M

Never thought about the matte finishes for the washes, can any of the wash products (red/blue soap, rinseless, diluted rinseless / waterless) not be used on the matte paints or stripes? I didn't think they left anything behind (I have no matte bits to deal with at this point) 

On matte finishes you do not want to use anything that will add gloss, so Waterless Wash and Glass Cleaner are your Adam's option.