Customer Service 866.965.0400

Line Paint

Gambrinus

Question

I ran over a wet white stripe and got some white paint on the wheel well of my truck. it has been there for a while but since I am Adomizing I figured I would ask the pros how to remove it. Plastic wheel wells on a 2003 Dodge 3500. Thanks in advance. Daryl

10 answers to this question

Happened to me last fall, I feel your pain, and what a pain it is.

Acetone with clean rag will do the trick. Use a clean spot on rag each time you work on the line paint. Make sure to use plenty of acetone on rag. Wear latex gloves- acetone is nasty on the hands.

And please, do this in a well ventilated area, preferably outside. This is for your health and from keeping your garage from blowing up!

Follow with a wash and rinse and a coat VRT or undercarriage spray.

Keep us posted.

Had that happen to my black Vette. Only it was the yellow paint, and it was all over the sides of my car. At first I thought it was deer remains since we had passed a carcas earlier. But then figured out it was road paint. It all came off with just Adam's detail spray and some elbow grease. Seriously that's all I used. And it all came off. Took a few days of working at it, but it never damaged the paint in any way.