Customer Service 866.965.0400

I am pissed beyond pissed!

JJ1o87

Question

If you'll excuse the New York rage for just a second. I washed my car on saturday and left it in the garage until today. So I go to work today and parked in the backyard where noone has access. And wouldn't you know it, I have this big *** scratch in rear bumper. I'm f-in furious to say the least and I'm going to check the security cameras in a couple days to see if it were intentional. I came home and tried buffing it out first with orange pad with s&h, then polish with white pad, wax with black pad and so on. NOTHING! The **** is still there. Now there's no way in hell I'm going to wet sand for the first time on my car. I heard about something called a filling glaze that might do the trick. What options do I have here, what can I do, I'm ready to strangle someone. Thanks for reading.

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah I looked at the tape, it wasn't intentional, the kid must've had something sharp in the garbage bag and when he lifted it into the garbage can it rubbed against my bumper and there you go. It was stupidity, not malevolence. So yeah, I don't see zaino or meguiar's giving half of a **** about their customers as much as adam does . That's should be the new commercial.

i agree that is part of the reason i joined here...jeff is my boy wats up bro??? lol

and adam thanks for calming down infuriated jeff lmao

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay! We expect delivery of the new 'Scratch Pads' this week. As a new item, tooling was required to get them made in bulk. That tooling took longer than expected to build.

I apologize for the delay Jeff, and look forward to getting rid of that nasty scratch on your bumper! I did use the prototype last Saturday, and it worked extremely well.

The prototype is one-of-a-kind, but not yet perfect. I wanted to get the more refined unit out to you.

Thanks, and here are a few photos of the pads in use::2thumbs:

Edited by Adam

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay! We expect delivery of the new 'Scratch Pads' this week. As a new item, tooling was required to get them made in bulk. That tooling took longer than expected to build.

I apologize for the delay Jeff, and look forward to getting rid of that nasty scratch on your bumper! I did use the prototype last Saturday, and it worked extremely well.

The prototype is one-of-a-kind, but not yet perfect. I wanted to get the more refined unit out to you.

Thanks, and here are a few photos of the pads in use::2thumbs:

Cool, I just figured it was shipped last week and the UPS man ran off with the prototypes. I look forward to trying them out soon! Thanks again!

Guest V6Power

The drill works like a high speed buffer (single action), using the PC after removes the swirls/ghosting left behind by the drill.

Guest V6Power

A smaller pad will work harder on the PC due to less rotating mass, therefore allowing more pressure and more 'cutting'.

I'm a little concerned that it is being promoted as a "drill attachment" tho. In the wrong/inexperienced hands, being a 'single action' device, a lot of damage to the paintwork could be achieved.

A smaller pad will work harder on the PC due to less rotating mass, therefore allowing more pressure and more 'cutting'.

I'm a little concerned that it is being promoted as a "drill attachment" tho. In the wrong/inexperienced hands, being a 'single action' device, a lot of damage to the paintwork could be achieved.

This is a concern of mine too. Probably explains using the orbital afterwards tho. :xfingers:

This is a concern of mine too. Probably explains using the orbital afterwards tho. :xfingers:

yea bro but id b really careful still cause u ever seen what a non-orbital buffer can do to paint? im sure adams gonna walk u thru it though + Ill try to be there to help u buddy

yea bro but id b really careful still cause u ever seen what a non-orbital buffer can do to paint? im sure adams gonna walk u thru it though + Ill try to be there to help u buddy

Haha you'll be there to help me? Last time we worked together I had to fish a zip-tie out've my engine because of you :lolsmack:

Haha you'll be there to help me? Last time we worked together I had to fish a zip-tie out've my engine because of you :lolsmack:

yea but i had to fish a metric socket outa there at least the zip tie would eventually fall out and held no value :bravo:

first off let me say junkman killed that scratch it is no more.

2ndly just a bump on fishing things out of car engine bay's... i lost a 7mm socket yesterday in my bike..and its no where to be found :(