Customer Service 866.965.0400

I am pissed beyond pissed!

JJ1o87

Question

If you'll excuse the New York rage for just a second. I washed my car on saturday and left it in the garage until today. So I go to work today and parked in the backyard where noone has access. And wouldn't you know it, I have this big *** scratch in rear bumper. I'm f-in furious to say the least and I'm going to check the security cameras in a couple days to see if it were intentional. I came home and tried buffing it out first with orange pad with s&h, then polish with white pad, wax with black pad and so on. NOTHING! The **** is still there. Now there's no way in hell I'm going to wet sand for the first time on my car. I heard about something called a filling glaze that might do the trick. What options do I have here, what can I do, I'm ready to strangle someone. Thanks for reading.

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Wow, That is just not right. I hope you find someone in the video.

If the scratch is only in the clear coat, possibly another treatment of S&H Remover may get it covered for you.

I had a pretty deep one in the work van. It took me several minutes of working it with S&H, but it is just about invisible now.

Good Luck with finding the .... uh, jerk(s)

That's a HUGE bummer Jeff! Is it deep enough to drop your fingernail in? Can you see white or light gray at the bottom of the scratch?

If possible, can you take a photo of it in the daytime, and post it here? I'm sure we can walk you through the process of doing EVERYTHING possible before making the choice to have the bumper re-shot.

Hang in there Jeff, this sucks, and let's try everything to get it right!:(

That's a HUGE bummer Jeff! Is it deep enough to drop your fingernail in? Can you see white or light gray at the bottom of the scratch?

If possible, can you take a photo of it in the daytime, and post it here? I'm sure we can walk you through the process of doing EVERYTHING possible before making the choice to have the bumper re-shot.

Hang in there Jeff, this sucks, and let's try everything to get it right!:(

Adam, appreciate the response! It's not that deep to the point where I can really get my nail in there, but there is a slight "trench". I'll take pics tomorrow because it's obviously way to dark here now. I was able to lighten it a little bit but it's still quite obvious. :help:

Man I feel your pain we have a lot of jealous jerks here in NY. Thats why I have my Daily driver and leave my pride and joy home .Because people have no respect for other property. I hope you find out whom is responsible.

Don't waste money on that colored wax. A pine cone dropped on my vette and scratched it, but you can see the white underneath. I tried the color wax and it doesn't work for something like that. Good luck with your problem.

It's not an Adam's product, but Menzerna Super Intensive Polish with an Adam's Gen2 orange pad would cut well on those harder GM clear coats. And remember that not all filling glazes play nice with sealants, which may or may not give you problems with the MSW later on.

First Post! :hi:

I had (have) a pretty deep scrarch in the hood of my Shelby. I hit it 3 times with the SHR, and got it as good as it gonna get. Then I polished it and waxed it. I can still see it in the right light, but it's almost gone. After a coat of BSG, no one else can see it. I know it's still there. But it's not noticable any more.

Jeff, I think this will be a perfect scratch to test our new 4" pads that attach to a cordless drill. I'm confident you will be able to achieve a much reduced visibility.

Please email me your address, and I'm going to send you one of the first prototypes and walk you through the process.

Thanks, and don't sweat it, I'm very confident we can accomplish some marked improvement on your bumper!:thumbsup:

Email me: Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

Thanks!

Jeff, I think this will be a perfect scratch to test our new 4" pads that attach to a cordless drill. I'm confident you will be able to achieve a much reduced visibility.

Please email me your address, and I'm going to send you one of the first prototypes and walk you through the process.

Thanks, and don't sweat it, I'm very confident we can accomplish some marked improvement on your bumper!:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Now THAT is help you won't get from the other guys! Adam, you truly are a stand up guy who is here to help! :bow:

I feel your pain Jeff, and I am sorry your car was damaged like that, it truly is a horrible feeling. I had my Shelby for just over a month when someone keyed it down to the bare metal. I was sick to my stomach.

Oh man, that is a wicked deep scratch. I hate to see something like that, especially on metallic paint. I'm sure that Adam will be able to help you out with that new pad. :pc:

.Follow his lead, he won't steer you wrong. Good luck.

Thanks!

Awesome Adam, way to help out!!! :thumbsup: You definitely would not see this from another manufacturer..great job!!!

Sorry to hear about the scratch....I do everything I can to park away from people and I think they come park next to me just out of spite:mad:

Thanks!

This is why I'm here and use only Adams :glasses::2thumbs:

Best of luck fixing that up :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

I really hope it isn't intentional, usually when a car is keyed the scratches are horizontal. But not all, that looks more like maybe someone dropped something :confused::confused::confused:

I would just hate to think some idiot did that on purpose :(:(:(

Thanks!

More info?:drool:

Yeah I looked at the tape, it wasn't intentional, the kid must've had something sharp in the garbage bag and when he lifted it into the garbage can it rubbed against my bumper and there you go. It was stupidity, not malevolence. So yeah, I don't see zaino or meguiar's giving half of a **** about their customers as much as adam does . That's should be the new commercial.