Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass sealant

I ordered glass sealant from Adams 5 weeks ago.  I have never used such a product before, I have only ever cleaned with windex and paper towels.. (I know, I know)

The night I got it I decided to try it out on my GF's MK5 VW Jetta.  Cleaned first with the old formula glass cleaner and an Adams glass towel.  Applied the sealant, let it setup for a minute or two and then buffed it off.

My first impression was wow this stuff rocks, I have never seen the windshield looking so good. (bought the car with 16k miles on it in 2006.)  A few days later we were driving doing 55-60 mph and hit a strong rain storm with some incredibly heavy rain.. I again was impressed on how the water just flew right off the glass.  It is now 5 weeks later and I got in the car last night and to my amazement I noticed no bugs on the window and it was still looking incredibly good for not being cleaned since laying down the sealant.

Just wanted to share how happy I am with the product and I can't believe how many good things I have been missing out on.

Job well done Adams crew!

I totally understand, Jeff, and completely agree with you.  It remains one of my favorite Adams products.  I've used it long enough on our vehicles that I don't really think about it until I get in someone else's car and notice how bad their windshield looks.  I usually just sit there in silence and wonder how they see through that thing.  If it's someone I care about then I'll clean it for them so that they can appreciate the difference.

Edited by Texas Moe

Would glass sealant work on Oakley sunglasses? :)

I wouldn't do it. Not sure about your specific sunglasses but some have coatings on the lenses that the Glass Sealant wasn't designed for and it may cause unintended negative results.

I tried mine on a motorcycle visor and it did work for a short period of time. Too short to keep applying it and wasting product on it though

Your visor might have a coating on it.

For a visor, *if* it was going on properly and working right, you are barely wasting product. The number of windshields I have done and how little product I have used, is astonishing. Even if you had to apply it once a month, a bottle for just a visor would last you a lifetime (ignoring shelf life).

Your visor might have a coating on it.

For a visor, *if* it was going on properly and working right, you are barely wasting product. The number of windshields I have done and how little product I have used, is astonishing. Even if you had to apply it once a month, a bottle for just a visor would last you a lifetime (ignoring shelf life).

On windshield yes I can probably do 100 cars with the little bottle but not on the helmet visor

I think we are misunderstanding each other.

I was under the impression you were wasting the product on the visor because it did not last long. I was curious to how long it lasts on your visor.

No no no lol. I found that the sealant was not staying on the visor very long for a few reasons (one of them being that the helmet goes in the helmet back so the visor gets rubbed around in there and removing some product in the process).

Because it didn't last long on my visor, I stopped using it on my visor because I found it was a waste of product to seal the visor and have it only lasts 1 week.

I still use it on my vehicle's windshield and it lasts a long time