Customer Service 866.965.0400

Keep paint sealant of black bits?

BoCRon

Question

Sorry if this obvious but I've watched so many videos they are starting to blend together. I'm about to clay, wash and then apply paint sealant to my MINI. I did my other MINI the other day and painstakingly went around the black plastic trim and rubber gutter, etc. I noticed the areas that I think I accidentally got some on didn't seem to have that white film left when I finished. Did I just luck out or is the paint sealant not a problem on black plastic trim.

Annette

6 answers to this question

To answer your question, the Liquid Paint Sealant comes off the black plastic trim fairly easily without staining.

To further elaborate on care and feeding for your MINI,  if you get polish or other "stuff" on the black plastic trim, clean it with APC and a toothbrush.  That will get into all of the little dimples and crevices.  Allow to dry thoroughly and then apply Quick Sealant to the wheels arches, lower rockers and other black plastic trim.  Because of the texture of the plastic trim and leveling properties of the Quick Sealant, there is seldom a need to buff off any residue.  It will last longer then any dressing since those types of products will just "float" on top and not soak into the plastic.  The Quick Sealant will do just that - seal the plastic while adding some "darkification".  I sponsor the local MINI club and everyone loves the Quick Sealant.  

Funny I'm replying to this post since I'm actually polishing a new MINI as I write this!  

- Darryl

Edited by Odds and Ends

Thanks so much! I am about to order some of the Quick Sealant as I didn't get any with my last order. 

On the MINI, I can use this on the black gutter around the roof line as well? That is my worst area for white residue from prior products. 
Annette