Customer Service 866.965.0400

OMG surface scratches!

96STEEDA

Question

My car is two toned white and black, I spent 9 hours a couple weeks ago with SHR, RP, and BW and it came out perfect..now I am getting surface scratches! How can I get those hard ones out?! PS- I have a porter cable with gen 1 and 2 pads

11 answers to this question

The key word here is "rag". You need some high quality MF towels or you will get scratches. We also need to talk a little about your washing techniques :hi:

But don't worry, your at the right place and we will get you scratch free :banana::banana::banana:

:hi:Do you use a Grit Guard two bucket method? Use wash mitt one time before washing it? Wash from top down & do the very bottom last ? Drying with a clean (Adams) drying towel ? All of these steps make a big difference ! :2thumbs:

:iagree: Great points Chris, and washing techniques are typically responsible for surface scratches. Let us know exactly how you wash the car, and we'll stop the scratches from happening.

Getting them out is the easy part, knowing how to wash properly is something that most people don't have nailed, and hence, get some surface scratches.

Thanks, and get back with your wash method, step by step:thumbsup:

I agree with your washing AND drying method being the source of your scratches. Take a look at this thread. The wash bucket alone can contain enough grit and dirt to ruin your finish. Once you post your washing method, I bet we will see the source of your aggravation.

Edited by Junkman2008

Ok I have not been using rags..my fault on the wording, only Adams MF on my baby..It has to be the wash technique..however I did call Adams the other day and Ashle explained how to get them out and it worked perfect..had to go over the car twice and three time in some spots but they came out..I wash the car like everyone said top to bottom and I wash the black first on top just to be safe..I got a new pad and drying towel from GBVette in Suffolk,Va..I dont know what else to say but we will see when I wash next time cause its looks perfect now and after getting it all off I Fine Machined polished and then superwaxed it!