Customer Service 866.965.0400

Back in a Jeep!

Sac

Last night I got back in a Jeep! Traded in the creature comforts of my 14 GMC Sierra, but I missed being in a Jeep more. I got the dealership to remove their "detail" charge after I got the sales manager to do the baggie test. haha It needs a full correction. I'll get some more pictures today. It has a couple items I want to change right away, one being either a stubby bumper to match the cut flares or find factory fenders to put back on it. 

Jeep-1_zpslw1oolyx.jpg

Jeep-2_zpsyw8hx5d9.jpg

Well driving it around today made me smile all day! I forgot how fun it is to see a random logging trail & diving off down it! Had to take a poser shot! 

Jeep-3_zps7frzcnnu.jpg

Jeep-4_zpsp80lxybq.jpg

The feeling of being in a Jeep will always win out over creature comforts.  It's a Jeep thing.  Only a Jeep owner would understand!

That's why I kept mine instead of trading it in when I got my Challenger.  

You are 100% correct, I love the feeling! I find myself driving totally different in a fun way now. 

Nice looking Jeep!!

Thanks!

Nice looking Jeep!

Thanks! 

Well the Jeep got broke in this weekend.. Guess I need to get back in the habit of checking the radar before leaving the house with no doors or windows. Was enjoy a nice Sat watching college football & eating and out of nowhere a storm rolls in, the Jeep got flooded! I didn't take any pictures of the water but I got most of it out, still need to pull the seats and get to the rear drain plugs and let the carpet sit in the sun. 

Jeep-5_zps2xudevun.jpg

So I finished off the weekend having a good time...

Jeep-6_zpswgcnc5ff.jpg

Jeep-7_zpsuzw6dtrn.jpg

This morning I started smelling the "wet" smell. I pulled the seats and carpet. Used a few different products. APC, Total Interior Cleaner, Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner, Detail Spray, Trim/Lug Nut Brush and Interior Brush. 

Jeep-8_zps0du7o9ot.jpg

Jeep-9_zpswvygren1.jpg

Now it's back to smelling clean & by clean I mean detail spray! haha

Edited by Sac

• 2 weeks later...

Well my local Jeep club had a trail ride so I took it out to see what upgrades I need. Was my 2nd time riding at this property and had to get strapped twice…  :( But had a great time. 

Jeep-10_zpsw01mc6sl.jpg

Jeep-11_zpsyqxr4p7y.jpg

Jeep-12_zpsajhx3xdv.jpg

So yesterday I cleaned out the inside. Didn't get any pictures of that, but trust me when I say my black seats and dash was brown from the layer of dust. I took my SideKick and cockpit brush the make quick work of it and then did a wipe down with Total interior Cleaner. 

This morning I hooked up the pressure washer and spent a few hours underneath it getting in all the nooks and crannies. The amount of mud and rocks I got out was overwhelming! But thanks to all my favorite Adam's products I got it back to mall crawler status and ready for the next ride. 

Jeep-13_zpsncmswq2l.jpg

Jeep-14_zpsggfojtbr.jpg

Edited by Sac

This morning I hooked up the pressure washer and spent a few hours underneath it getting in all the nooks and grannies.

Wow!  That's quite the clean-up job.

Might want to install some bigger skid plates if you are getting grannies stuck under there.  :lolsmack:

Wow!  That's quite the clean-up job.

Might want to install some bigger skid plates if you are getting grannies stuck under there.  :lolsmack:

Thanks! Still need to build your undercarriage cleaner-uper thing. Was no fun on the cold, wet concrete for hours! 

Haha Stupid autocorrect...

Edited by Sac

Thanks! Still need to build your undercarriage cleaner-uper thing. Was no fun on the cold, wet concrete for hours! 

Haha Stupid autocorrect...

When the undercarriage cleaner-upper thing gets designed and built, sign me up for one.  Cleaning the dirt and mud out of the underneath is never any fun.

I used to compete in mud bogs and other off-road competitions.  I spent many hours laying underneath a muddy truck or Jeep with a fire hose attached to an irrigation pump.  I'd come out afterwards looking like a human chocolate Easter bunny.  Then I'd have to turn the hose on myself.

When the undercarriage cleaner-upper thing gets designed and built, sign me up for one.  Cleaning the dirt and mud out of the underneath is never any fun.

I used to compete in mud bogs and other off-road competitions.  I spent many hours laying underneath a muddy truck or Jeep with a fire hose attached to an irrigation pump.  I'd come out afterwards looking like a human chocolate Easter bunny.  Then I'd have to turn the hose on myself.

Haha Awesome! I miss my old place of work, they had a 3" fire hose and it made quick work of things. My little electric pressure washer doesn't have near the same output. 

The undercarriage setup I use is in Post #50, and the links to the parts are in Post #68 of this thread:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27009-adamized-the-raptor/page-3

Makes getting the mud off way easier, since the pressure stream is directed up.  No more crawling around on the ground.