Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car, Looks Better than Delivery!

stripesace

Photos will have to wait till tomorrow.

I bought a new 2015 Toyota Camry XSE a few weeks ago, and it kind of started this whole Adam's Addiction. I immediately ordered the Daily Driver Detail Kit and a host of interior products. 

I followed the Daily Driver Detail video, and was like wow this looks good. Well 2 mystery boxes, and a restock order later, I decided to start over. 

I treated my dry wheels with Deep Wheel Cleaner, rinsed, and then treated my tires with All Purpose Cleaner.  Still have a lot of blooming to contend with... not sure how I'll tackle that.

I did a 2 bucket, 2 mitt wash. (Still working on getting my shampoo to water ratio worked out...) Dried with  a Great White Drying Towel (Realizing I'm going to need more than one of those now...) and a little detail spray for lubrication.

I fully intended to move on to the wife's car, but daylight was running out. So I decided to clay the whole car. I then refreshed my soap and rinse bucket and added 4oz of All Purpose Cleaner to the soap bucket. I was a little worried I went a little strong, but I was still getting lots of suds. I then RE-WASHED the car two bucket, two mitt. WOW, If you've never washed your car twice in the same day, the feeling you have of that wash mitt just gliding over the whole car, wow. I need a foam gun. 

So now that the car was cleaned and 'stripped' I did a sheet rinse and dried the car off with some single softs. Worked amazingly well, and its all I had.

I backed the Camry back into the garage and busted out some Liquid Paint Sealer. I did the whole car by hand. Wasn't actually as bad as I thought it might be. Definitely used a bit too much at first until I got it figured out. Buffed the whole car down with 2 single softs, hit the tires and trim with some VRT and glass and mirrors with Glass Cleaner. It was time to call it a night. 

Tomorrow morning I'll do a dry application of H2O Gloss & Guard to help that sealant go further. 

And then I'll do a two bucket wash on the wife's Toyota Highlander. It's got a good coat of H2O Gloss and Guard on it. Her paint needs a tiny of correction so I'm holding off on the Liquid Paint Sealer until I get a polisher and correct it.

I honestly can't wait to see the Camry in the sunlight tomorrow! 

sounds great! the only thing I would have done would have been to still give it the two step treatment. Even on the new truck I got I did it and it gave me a really nice base to work from. 

Congrats on the car, and enjoy making it shine. 

sounds great! the only thing I would have done would have been to still give it the two step treatment. Even on the new truck I got I did it and it gave me a really nice base to work from. 

Congrats on the car, and enjoy making it shine.

No tools yet... Maybe for Christmas or when I get my bonus.

Still haven't gotten the soap/water ratio right on my two bucket wash yet...

Pics of my car. Have to go get the wife some stuff from the store and then I'll do both cars side by side.

post-13391-0-92743600-1443893365_thumb.jpg

post-13391-0-90020300-1443893391_thumb.jpg

post-13391-0-40705800-1443893407_thumb.jpg

Nice John!

Still haven't gotten the soap/water ratio right on my two bucket wash yet...

I use 1 oz. Car Wash Shampoo to 2 gallons of water, and that has plenty of suds for me.  I just add the APC to that wash ratio for my strip wash.  For the rinse bucket, I fill it about 1/2 inch over the Grit Guard,

Just an FYI, I use that same wash ratio in a spray bottle to clean my wheels.  When they are regularly maintained there is no need to use the 'big guns' (DWC or APC) unless they are really dirty.  A foaming head sprayer makes it work even easier!   Always ready car wash soap