Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Sprayer head is good/bad

Mooser

Question

So I've got a fair number of spray heads here as well as a few Kwazar bottles (so far only the one that had the APC in it fell apart) and a small bottle glovebox sized bottle of APC that split at the seam.

Turns out there are 4 different spray heads, are any of these the ones I should be using or avoiding?

Before I drop half a bottle of who knows what into or onto paint/carpet/leather/fabric is there any combination of bottle / sprayer / chemical that should be avoided?

I'm beginning to wonder if there should be a list somewhere of "don't store this in that" or "this is best used for that"

So anyway, are there some of these better suited for the trash?

Adams-%20002_zps36nlhqod.jpg

7 answers to this question

All of them have their pros and cons. My favorite was the clear spray head with the rubber trigger, the clear plastic would fall off on those.

As for your issue with them falling apart... The product plays a big part in why they fall apart. Because of what is in APC to be such a general cleaner for tough dirt it also eats away at the spray heads. Similar products would be Leather and Interior Cleaner and Carpet Cleaner. Since they are meant to remove strong stubborn dirt and grime, they will cause faster deterioration of the spray head mechanism.

The most durable, one that is currently used, and is my favorite is the second one from the left.

The other ones aren't as durable/heavy duty IMO, and the clear plastic starts to get foggy over some time as well

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I'm not the biggest fan of these style sprayers in general and have replaced all of mine with Tolco grey's.

The Adam's premium dilution bottles come with an Red colored version of the Tolco Grey.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/empty-bottles-sprayers/adam-s-new-32oz-premium-dilution-bottle.html

I have also upgraded all my spray bottles to the premium dilution bottles listed above, and have not had a issue in the couple months since the upgrade.  Only time will tell how these new bottles hold up.

In the last year or so I have only been able to kill one Tolco sprayer (same as the reds) and it wasn't anything from Adam's that killed it.

In the last year or so I have only been able to kill one Tolco sprayer (same as the reds) and it wasn't anything from Adam's that killed it.

Good information to know, since it was a small fortune to upgrade all the spray bottles.

Good information to know, since it was a small fortune to upgrade all the spray bottles.

I've already spent enough on various bottles/sprayers/pumps. Need to hold off until some stability sets in  :)

I'm re-assessing my current selection of bottles and chemicals to see what I can combine into safe vs usage and hopefully find a happy medium somewhere

Thanks for the input

M