Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning your detail sponges

RickP330

Question

Hello all,

Okay I've been putting my wash mitts and microfiber towels through the washing machine when I am done, but I'm not sure what to do with my detail sponges. I just wash them in the bucket and rub them on the grit gard when I'm done but with the VRT the sponges still look dirty. Should I just reserve them for use on the tires only?

RickP

6 answers to this question

Prior to the interior dressing pads being available, I cut the black blocks in half and used those inside and kept some others full size for the tires. I never really thought about cleaning them and re-purposing the ones that have already touched the tires...

Basically, I keep on sponge for one particular application, i.e., tires, interior leather, interior V.R.T. Believe it or not, I labeled them!!! Guess I am a little too anal. I never cleaned them but I do like the idea of cutting them in half. This way I will have about 50 sponges and a few new and improve sponges on the way. GREAT!!!

Basically, I keep on sponge for one particular application, i.e., tires, interior leather, interior V.R.T. Believe it or not, I labeled them!!! Guess I am a little too anal. I never cleaned them but I do like the idea of cutting them in half. This way I will have about 50 sponges and a few new and improve sponges on the way. GREAT!!!

:iagree: with Bob, I do the same thing (label, place in a zip lock and reuse)

Okay, Great! Thanks guys. Hey - another excellent use for the grit gard at the bottom of the bucket when done. Place all of your sponges and brushes and let them drip dry over night. Next day dump out the water that collected in the bottom of the bucket. This way your tools don't sit in a puddle of water.

Regards,

Rick