Customer Service 866.965.0400

First purchase troubles

Wild2003ss

Question

I'm going to make my first purchase and do I go mystery boxes or just get exactly what I want? My conservative side say get what you want but my go for it side says take the chances on the mystery boxes????

Yes I talk to myself and answer my questions too????.

21 answers to this question

I can understand that, what i would say here is to take the chance on they mystery box as the discount is only 10% and your shine on discount for being a forum member will net you that as well.

There are always some really awesome boxes that go out so its worth the shot, considering its winter and you wont be detailing right away you might really enjoy what you get and have pletny of time to pick up what you didnt get.

When you are starting out is the best time to get a Mystery Box.  There is a very good chance you will get something you need. If you are filling in and you are conservative, buying what you want is probably the best route.  But there is always a chance you get one of the special ones.  

Guest washemup

If you have a lot of detailing products like I do, I'd recommend just getting what you actually need. This way you won't end up with excess of things that will probably happen with a mystery box. If you don't have many to start with, the mystery box will give you an additional discount, as your going to get at least $50 worth for $40.

This being said I can't resist the mystery box, and even though I always get something I already have or cannot use, I keep trying! Just realize with the mystery box, the odds of getting the "big one" are around 1 of 50, based upon the description of a handful of these over 250 sold. You can also trade with others on this site, only thing there is after you pay shipping, you pretty much lose the $10 savings.

It's a better gamble for someone who is just starting out detailing.

looking at everything and costs, i might start with 2-3 mystery boxes leaving a little coin in your pocket depending on what you get.

The kit you listed is a great one with basically everything you need, but again i would personally take the chance and then pick up another order after that one comes in as the disconut is the same, the only thing i can see you losing is the $5 shipping, thou you might see some of those show up as a day or two offer without any other discount offered directly, the shine on code would still work with it which is why i still say to go with the mystery box now and keep a little budget cash in the pocket

Guest washemup

I was thinking 3-4 mystery boxes or the $200 detail kit

What vehicle are you getting this for? Is it a show car? Garage Queen? Daily Driver? Is it a garaged car or does it stay outside? Do you have a machine polisher?

looking at everything and costs, i might start with 2-3 mystery boxes leaving a little coin in your pocket depending on what you get.

The kit you listed is a great one with basically everything you need, but again i would personally take the chance and then pick up another order after that one comes in as the disconut is the same, the only thing i can see you losing is the $5 shipping, thou you might see some of those show up as a day or two offer without any other discount offered directly, the shine on code would still work with it which is why i still say to go with the mystery box now and keep a little budget cash in the pocket

Curious, the description says no discounts are applicable to the Mystery Box. And you also can only get one. So if you use "shine on" to get 10% off, which is $4, do you still pay the regular shipping rate? In my case, being so far away from Colorado, it would actually cost me more to pay full shipping.

Edited by washemup

What vehicle are you getting this for? Is it a show car? Garage Queen? Daily Driver? Is it a garaged car or does it stay outside? Do you have a machine ?

3 are DD one is a garage queen/show truck and I am getting a flex 3401

Get a Wash Bucket Kit.  Mystery box is good after you have built up a "base" then you can try things you don't have.  Don't worry.. order a kit now and in 2 weeks you'll be back ordering something else.  I've just started with Adam's this year and I've placed at least 6 or 7 orders and been happy each time.  Only 1 or 2 single mystery boxes during that time.

My first order was a mystery box and it was great. Got a couple things I would have not tried being I'm cheap lol. Everything is top notch and I can't wait for better weather to keep making more money so I can try more things. Hopefully I will get the entire lineup over the next year

Guest washemup

You have a lot to take care of! The Flex is a good choice, since it corrects fast. If it were me, I'd get the Daily Driver Kit. For one, it's already on sale. Add 1 more bucket, 1 deep wheel cleaner, 1 Liquid Paint sealant, and a Great white Drying towel. Since you have 3 DD's the LPS will provide you with the best protection for your DD's. Every couple months, you can use the HGG on them to boost the LPS. With this kit, you'll also have the brushes to clean the wheels, and the DWC every few months to deep clean them. You can also use the LPS on the wheels. The LPS and HGG will provide you better protection then the buttery wax will.

I put this in the cart and it comes to the same price as the Essentials, only $24 more for the extra bucket, but you'd want to add one to the essentials kit too.

For your show/garage queen, I'm assuming you have some type of carnuba wax? If not, Adams best is Patriot. Being it's almost December, I would think they aren't having a lot of shows now, so you could wait until spring to purchase this if needed.

Guest washemup

If I'm going the kit way

1) essential kit

2) wheel kit

3) interior kit

4) the orange and white polishing kit

5) towels and applicators

6) whatever else I'm missing

If your going all out, I'd call Customer Service tomorrow, I'm sure Ben, Dan, or whoever answers the phone can set you up with everything you need at probably a better deal then you would get just buying on your own.

Hi Scott, I'm just catching up to everything in this thread. Yes, this time for the Mystery Box we're limiting it to 1 per customer, but on other mystery box sales we've allowed for more than one.

That does look like a great starter list you have there, and as Joe said please feel free to give us a call tomorrow morning if you have any questions. I start answering phones at 730am EST :)

If your going all out, I'd call Customer Service tomorrow, I'm sure Ben, Dan, or whoever answers the phone can set you up with everything you need at probably a better deal then you would get just buying on your own.

This is the best answer.... Adams customer service can't be beat and they won't steer you wrong. Definitely kits would be less exspensive. I started out with a small kit and can't stop adding to it so get the largest and most complete kit with everything that you think you would use that you can afford.