Customer Service 866.965.0400

washing my camaro with the foam gun!!

i finally got the foam gun!im still trying to get the some mix ratio just right, but they still came out reall good!!ok heres some pics:thumbsup:if there is anything tips you can give me with the foam gun/ratios let me know?

my car wash setup

jcarwash1.jpg

my grit guard and bucket

jcarwash2.jpg

and FINALLY the foam gun!!

jcarwash3.jpg

heres another shot

jcarwash4.jpg

sorry i couldnt take after pics because it was dark after i was done washing..i will get some tommaro:thumbsup:

I've seen those foam guns on a few websites and I have to ask a question. What is the difference between the foam gun and a nice bucket full of suds and washing away. Does it clean better? Any information would be great. Thanks.

Rob

:iagree:it loosens up all the grit and soaks it off the car,makes washing alot quicker:rockon::thumbsup: and the foam lubes the panel while you wash!it worth it i thought it would be overboard but it really does make a difference for darker/dirty cars!!:cheers:

it wasnt to warm maybey high 50s but the sun was out!yeah isnt it still snowing up in michigan?betcha that salt is just wheewwww i couldnt deal with!!eats everything up!!hey teresa are you going to put up pics of your wash?when it gets warm enough...:lolsmack:

i finally got the foam gun!im still trying to get the some mix ratio just right, but they still came out reall good!!ok heres some pics:thumbsup:if there is anything tips you can give me with the foam gun/ratios let me know?

The ratio you want is 1 part Adam's Car Wash to 4 parts water. Then, adjust the dial on the foam gun to the amount of suds that you need, more for a filthy car with bird crap and stuff, less for a car that may only be dusty.

You're on your way to a clean summer! :thumbsup:

wait, what am I missing here? are there some foam guns that require a pressure washer and some that do not?? I thought that they all did require a power washer.

nope hose pressure!gilmour makes them you can get them but i think adam is selling them now?

;) It's always 70 in my garage for a hand wash !:jester:

Im constantly trying to improve my garage to the point that I can wash inside it. i have a drainage issue, so I have to use one of those water blade broom jobs to get the water out...that sucks. Then, I have finished walls and low ceilings, so it doesnt really allow me to blast with water...kinda a PITA.

I want to start designing my dream garage and so I appreciate any help around features important to being able to wash inside...

Im constantly trying to improve my garage to the point that I can wash inside it. i have a drainage issue, so I have to use one of those water blade broom jobs to get the water out...that sucks. Then, I have finished walls and low ceilings, so it doesnt really allow me to blast with water...kinda a PITA.

I want to start designing my dream garage and so I appreciate any help around features important to being able to wash inside...

:hi: You definately need floor drains and you have to be careful not to spray the walls but when you get setup and use to it you will never wash outside anymore ! I use adjustable spray nozzles on my garden hose and power washer.And I have a curtain that I can pull out to keep the other car from getting wet . You can see more of my setup in the garage pictures !Hope this helps !:2thumbs: Chris

:hi: You definately need floor drains and you have to be careful not to spray the walls but when you get setup and use to it you will never wash outside anymore ! I use adjustable spray nozzles on my garden hose and power washer.And I have a curtain that I can pull out to keep the other car from getting wet . You can see more of my setup in the garage pictures !Hope this helps !:2thumbs: Chris

wow thats sweet!drains and curtains!!how much did it cost you to get that setup?:jester:

wait, what am I missing here? are there some foam guns that require a pressure washer and some that do not?? I thought that they all did require a power washer.

The foam gun is NOT a power washer. It coats the car with a soapy foam which allows dirt to be loosened up on the car. This is very important because if the dirt is hard (bird crap and mud) when you drag your rag across the paint, you are basically dragging rocks across the paint. Again, this is how the paint begins to be destroyed.

alright thanks junkman!i really like the foam gun and grit guards!keeps the swirlies out!:2thumbs:hey i was wondering do you havet to clean out the foam gun?like the wand or will it be ok?

All you need to do is run water through them until it runs clear. That's it for maintenance. :thumbsup:

nope hose pressure!gilmour makes them you can get them but i think adam is selling them now?

Yes, Adam's has officially started carrying them. Give them a call for pricing.

Edited by Junkman2008

The foam gun is NOT a power washer. It coats the car with a soapy foam which allows dirt to be loosened up on the car. This is very important because if the dirt is hard (bird crap and mud) when you drag your rag across the paint, you are basically dragging rocks across the paint. Again, this is how the paint begins to be destroyed.

All you need to do is run water through them until it runs clear. That's it for maintenance. :thumbsup:

Yes, Adam's has officially started carrying them. Give them a call for pricing.

sweet alright thanks junkman!!!:jester::banana: