Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying with Detail Spray

Ls1transam

Question

Washed my TA this morning. And applied some Brilliant Glaze after. Love that stuff, really makes the metallic pop in my paint. So, I used detail spray while drying the car for the first time today. I noticed as I was spraying the water started falling off the car. Which, I though was kinda cool. I think i used too much though. I noticed some streaking on my Windows. I buffed it right off no problem though. However, if there are streaks on the Windows, it's on the paint too. You just can't see it because of the color of my car. I will say, my car looked a little shinier than usual after using the detail spray while drying. Smelled nice too. If there are streaks on the paint from the detail spray. Can I just buff with a single soft towel or double soft?? I was in the direct sunlight too. There's no way around that for me unfortunately.

10 answers to this question

If it streaks on the paint put some DS on a Double Soft and wipe it off and then flip it to a dry side and polish it clean.

Direct sunlight will cause problems with almost any product because the heat causes it to start to dry on the paint.

I always use DS as a dying aid, whether doing a full 2 bucket wash or a Rinseless wash.  It adds a little shine to the paint.  

As Jason said, not much you can do it you have to work in direct sunlight.  If I am stuck in the sun, I use extra DS, and spray the whole car before starting with the GWMDT.

I always use DS as a dying aid, whether doing a full 2 bucket wash or a Rinseless wash. It adds a little shine to the paint.

As Jason said, not much you can do it you have to work in direct sunlight. If I am stuck in the sun, I use extra DS, and spray the whole car before starting with the GWMDT.

I sprayed the whole car down as well. And that's the towel I used as well.

Well it alread has wax on it. I threw some Brilliant Glaze just to make it pop a little. I want to try the G&G but, my car is already protected by wax. I guess the GG would add extra protection and I wouldn't have to wax as often?

I sprayed the whole car down as well. And that's the towel I used as well.

I did not think about in until you posted this reply, but using a Rinseless Wash maybe your best bet.  With Rinseless you wash and dry a panel at a time, so even in full sun there is not really enough time for any thing to dry.   

Well it alread has wax on it. I threw some Brilliant Glaze just to make it pop a little. I want to try the G&G but, my car is already protected by wax. I guess the GG would add extra protection and I wouldn't have to wax as often?

G&G is better than wax. Lasts longer.

H2O Guard and Gloss then BG. If your gonna dry the car why not add some protection while your at it!

Edit; if you ask Adam, you can never use too much detail spray!

At the same time Adam admits that Detail Spay will build up and could eventually streak.