Customer Service 866.965.0400

H20 Guard and Gloss - New Formula?

jp2015

Question

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I just ordered H20 G+G after running out of the 16oz. spray bottle I'd bought last year when it was first introduced.

I noticed three things that seem different between the new order and the last order.

1) The smell. The old "grape preserve" scent seems to have been replaced by a more flowery smell.

2) When the product separates, it looks more like a dark orange color in the clear area instead of being entirely clear like the original bottle I had.

3) It works much, much better (in my experience) than the older bottle I had. Beading is on par with some of the best sealants I've used, and I've used lots of different sealants. It's basically my new favorite product.

Has there been a formula improvement that I'm just not aware of? It's almost like it's an entirely different product now - especially because of how fantastic the beading is. I do miss the old smell, but that's subjective, of course. That being said, I have to ask - am I just imagining all of this? Maybe I got a bad batch initially? And again, please forgive me if this is old news and I just completely missed it.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hi,

There was a slight change in manufacturing for H2O Guard & Gloss, but not a specific formula improvement. The smell did not change as far as I am aware, some bottles have the chance to be a little more potent than others just from how it is mixed in the large tote.

Previous bottles had a more clear suspension liquid, and current bottles have more of a beige/orange tint to it. Both products still need to be shaken thoroughly before use and will perform properly during use. Beading and performance worked outstanding with the old color clear liquid for me, and still works the same with the new version, so it's possible maybe the vehicle surface wasn't as well prepped when you used the older bottle?

Thanks,

Dan