Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint sealant question

rmcnamara

Question

10 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum Robert!

PS will leave residue on plastic trim, so you should be careful to not get any on there.  It is a little different from wax in that the residue is darker gray, so it might not look too bad to begin with, but it will dry out over a couple weeks and look white like wax residue.

Welcome Robert!

One of your questions were answered, and the answer to the question on durability is you should realistically expect about 6 months of protection from Liquid Paint Sealant.

:welcomebanner:   

Welcome Robert.

And regarding the trim, I wish Adams was more clear on that in the video. Adam says do the headlights, do the grill do "anything" you want to protect. If it stains trim that would be nice to know !

For me the videos along with this forum is my source off application. I could not even tell you what the LPS label says.

What vehicle are you putting the LPS on Robert? Is it a daily driver?

First off welcome! 

Staining trim, only if its not painted. 

Easy way to prevent it? Use VRT on the trim and stuff wont soak into your plastic/rubber trim. 

Durability? Really depends on weather and climate. I would say if it is the only protection then you might not see the 6 months might be shorter but again it all depends on how the weather beats it. If you layer some wax or another sealant over it (Paste wax, liquid wax, or H2O GG) then 6 months is easy to attain if not longer. 

Also, feel free to make a post in the new members section and share some pictures of what your planning to polish. 

Being a New Englander, what I have found on my F250 that is a daily driver (About 1,000 miles per week) and stored outside. I use it as the base protection and top with usually buttery wax. Over the winter it got a couple applications of H2O GG, In the warmer months when I use buttery There is never an issue with protection, have gone over 6 months with no issues. This past winter I got about 3 applications of H2O onto the truck, and 4 months was pushing it, I had noticed that the beading on the truck was becoming very light.