Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car shampoo change

I've probably had 3 or 4 bottles and two gallons and never noticed any major difference in smell. Is the color the same? It's really something I wouldn't be overly concerned with as long as it doesn't smell bad. Test each and see how they perform. That's the main thing and I think the new soap is great. It's very slick and it suds up really well. I believe sometimes Adams will reformulate products with minor tweaks along the way. How different do they smell? Are they even close to each other? The scent is wild berry and to me it's subtle but smells great and I can definitely tell it has a berry scent. Is yours not in that category? Sometimes they also update the process of how they formulate or bottle the products so not sure any of that would explain what you are noticing. There could also be some change based on shipping/storage conditions. A lot of things could impact the soap, but again I would go back to how does it work.

And just to add to what I've already stated, I could swear Detail Spray V2 smelled different and better on the second or third gallon I bought. The first gallon was not my favorite. I know I saw where the bottling process got updated on the DS. So while that may not necessarily have changed anything in the base ingredients, maybe it changed the consistency of the batch and also affected the scent a little. Just a theory. Last point I will make, I have only disliked the scent of one Adams product and that was DWC and I have probably bought 5 gallons of soap and DS and countless 16 oz bottles of everything else. Best smelling cleaning products out there IMO.

I just received my July 4th order of a gallon of car shampoo. Few weeks before that I got a 16oz to try. Noticed today that the smell is totally different between the two. Has the formula changed?

Unpleasantly different?

Remember, Adam's offers the best guarantee in the business. Your best resource is calling Adam's and explaining the nature of your dissatisfaction.

The scent is very different. Has a very chemical smell no berries . When I get a chance to try it out I'll see if there is any difference in performance. I really do love the soap that is why I bought the gallon.

Hey Robert, thanks for contacting us! Our Car Shampoo formula has not changed since the new blue Car Shampoo was released more than a year ago. I would be happy to do a return on that gallon if it is not performing well or if you are not completely satisfied with it so that we can investigate it and get another one out to you.

Please send an email to orders@adamspolishes.com with the order number and a quick summary of the issues, and we can start the return process for you. Thanks!