Customer Service 866.965.0400

tire brush + rinseless wash + MF = clean keyboard

quebert

I haven't cleaned my keyboard in ages, I try to not look at it lol.  Over the past year or so it has accumulated a lot of chip dust, food crumbs and just various other fall out. All that mixed with the oil from my hands had pretty much turned all the debris that was between the keys into some sort of gunk.

I have a Logitech G710+ where the keycaps can be removed real easily, pretty much every keyboard I've ever owned there was a way to remove them so you can clean in all the nooks and crannies. As I was starting I was going to take some before and after pics, but UUUGH once I saw it up close I was too embarrassed lol don't judge me. But yeah, it was pretty um disgusting. The last straw was the other night I spilled some ranch on it whilst I was munching on Mac & Cheetos from Burger King.  Anywho this is not a story about my filthy keyboard but a review of a few Adam's products.

Once I got all the keys off I put them into a ziplock bag then added some rinseless wash. I know APC would have worked better, but I was too lazy to mix up my APC, plus the stuff I have isn't Adam's.  The keys had a decent amount of many many things that had build up.  So I let them soak for a 5 minutes, shaking the bag a few times.  With zero scrubbing they came out looking 90% better, some basically brand new.

On the actual board there was a trife amount of a mixture of lord knows what. I eat a lot while I'm on my PC, I drink a lot, I don't spill very often, but in a year it seems to add up. So I took it outside and shook it violently, some of it was loose and fell out, but a lot of the lord knows what had morphed into some sort of semi sticky ooze. My bright idea was to rub it with a lightly damp MF towel, nope too plush so it couldn't get into the cracks and the spaces between the keys. Some came out, but a lot still was chilling. Somewhere I have some detailing swabs, those would be PERFECT!  Welp, except I haven't a clue where I put them.  Then I remembered in my last order I got the tire brush.  It worked beautifully, it got about 95% of the remaining goop out and did it quick. Whatever all had built up wouldn't have even came out using my Metro Vac & Blo as a blower.  Before I put the keys back on I wiped it down with a MF that had been soaked in Rinseless wash, it came out shiny!

TL;DNR

My keyboard was good awful, now it looks ALMOST as good as new.

Rinseless wash did an awesome job, I will now go find other things besides my car and my keyboard to try using it on.

the ire brush is a great brush.

removing every key from a keyboard and trying to remember where they all go when re-assembling's tough. I think a few of the non standard keyboard ones are probably in the wrong place lol.

I know probably a lot of you are cleaner than I, and maybe even don't eat or drink around your computer. But for the rest of us, use Adam's products and clean your keyboard if you haven't in awhile!

Edited by quebert

Not Adam's related but I once spilled a beer into a wireless keyboard and it stopped working. My dad wanted it and he took the batteries out and rinsed it under a faucet and let it dry thoroughly. Worked again after that.