Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic coating?

I know we heard rumors there was a ceramic coating being tested a while back......what ever came of it? Any chance you'll come out with a ceramic coating variant? I know you're more focused on the consumer and less the "pro" sumer, but it'd be awesome to see you get in that market. Was G&G the Adams answer to a hydrophobic coating of sorts? Would love to see what Adams would come up with. Coatings out on the market are absolutely unreal and the changes they're coming up with is nothing short of amazing from when they first entered the market.. 

Last time I heard about a coating was when DvK was still around. Instead of waiting any longer I decided to try one by another company and have had great results with it. What I got from the video and info about it, is that its neither a ceramic or glass coating but one that breathes and flexes with the paint.

The coating was put on hold. 

Last time I heard about a coating was when DvK was still around. Instead of waiting any longer I decided to try one by another company and have had great results with it. What I got from the video and info about it, is that its neither a ceramic or glass coating but one that breathes and flexes with the paint.

Sounds like Reflex.

All I can say at this time is we have been testing and evaluating a few different coating-type products, even after Dylan moved onto Rupes, but it's ultimately up to Adam as to when and how we will be releasing any type of coating. Coatings can be a tricky application and are semi-permanent for most end-users, requiring machine polishing for removal if something goes wrong (and not all of our customers have a machine), so if we release something, we want it to be easy enough for the majority of our customer base to apply. We have some issues now with customers that have trouble with products like H2O Guard & Gloss and In & Out Spray, so with a coating that could possibly be more difficult, it has to be just right.

All I can say at this time is we have been testing and evaluating a few different coating-type products, even after Dylan moved onto Rupes, but it's ultimately up to Adam as to when and how we will be releasing any type of coating. Coatings can be a tricky application and are semi-permanent for most end-users, requiring machine polishing for removal if something goes wrong (and not all of our customers have a machine), so if we release something, we want it to be easy enough for the majority of our customer base to apply. We have some issues now with customers that have trouble with products like H2O Guard & Gloss and In & Out Spray, so with a coating that could possibly be more difficult, it has to be just right.

Yup! Totally understand. Obviously I'm not trying to tell anyone how to run their business, but I'm glad to see products that people "struggle" with it shows willingness to take some risk. Being an experienced detailer I'm obviously more on the pro-sumer than consumer, but I love adams products and would love to see them dabble more in the pro side of the house. But yup I get it, coatings are finicky and I see pros even struggle with application for some coatings. I think however with your educational videos I think you could easily show users how to properly apply. There are some easy to apply coatings out on the market. I'm getting ready to test one on my fleet, which actually prompted this thread. :) 

Yeah that's the last time I heard anything about a coating is when Dylan was there. 

I asked this same question a while back. After doing some more digging on the coatings I do not care that I can not top with my beloved patriot.... I hope to see it come back soon as well. The reflex is the only thing that can have wax on it from what I have found but last time I went away from adams I was not impressed with my descions lol. I know Larry is top notch and is a true professional but I have been pleased with the paint sealant brilliant glaze and patriot route. It has been approx. 3 months since I did the wifes and it still sheds water like crazy and the weather has been horrid in middle Tn and I have been rather lazy on the maintence washing unfortunately

I asked this same question a while back. After doing some more digging on the coatings I do not care that I can not top with my beloved patriot.... I hope to see it come back soon as well. The reflex is the only thing that can have wax on it from what I have found but last time I went away from adams I was not impressed with my descions lol.

Coatings don't need to be topped to begin with.  Guard & Gloss plays well with most coatings.  Reflex is technically a sealant on steroids and not a coating.  Gloss Coat can be topped with your favorite wax. 

Coatings don't need to be topped to begin with.  Guard & Gloss plays well with most coatings.  Reflex is technically a sealant on steroids and not a coating.  Gloss Coat can be topped with your favorite wax. 

Yup, this....and Gloss coat is my weapon of choice. :) Although I have Dlux on my wheels/plastics. Which is all part of why I want adams to come out with something.  ;)