Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to Cyclo - New black truck...?

PT3

Question

Hey guys.... So I've had the Cyclo for a couple years but never needed to use it.

Well, now I have w black truck and can see needing to use it soon, right away! ; )

So, my question....right now I just have the one vehicle. A brand new Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

I'm not so keen on learning/practicing on this brand new truck that costs so much $$$

How would you suggest I go about learning / practicing ..??

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

You really can't do any serious damage with a cyclo as it is a DA polisher with no forced rotation. Try a small area of your car first with finishing polish and a finishing pad and watch some how-to videos and some research on technique and I bet you'll find out it isn't as hard as you think.  

You really can't do any serious damage with a cyclo as it is a DA polisher with no forced rotation. Try a small area of your car first with finishing polish and a finishing pad and watch some how-to videos and some research on technique and I bet you'll find out it isn't as hard as you think.

Thanks bud. I have watched several videos when I first got it, but some refreshers would be good!

As others mentioned - you won't damage anything, especially with the Cyclo, so you can be confident in starting on the Porsche. Short of flipping it over and using it to beat your car the Cyclo isn't capable of damaging it.

If you're still hesitant there's no better practice car than a rental. It's guaranteed to have horrible defects, will cost you less than $50 a day in most cases, and the $9 insurance will give you coverage in case of freak polishing accidents.

There's also the fun of returning the car fully polished and watching them try to figure out why anyone would detail a rental car

Little bit different but I've gone to my local car salvage yard and bought a hood for like $30. I got lucky in that it was an older cavalier hood so it had clear coat failure in a couple spots. With the failed clear I was able to polish on it and see the worst I could do and then I sold the hood to a young kid that wrecked his car and needed one. Not really a path everyone would follow but it worked for me.

As others mentioned - you won't damage anything, especially with the Cyclo, so you can be confident in starting on the Porsche. Short of flipping it over and using it to beat your car the Cyclo isn't capable of damaging it.

If you're still hesitant there's no better practice car than a rental. It's guaranteed to have horrible defects, will cost you less than $50 a day in most cases, and the $9 insurance will give you coverage in case of freak polishing accidents.

There's also the fun of returning the car fully polished and watching them try to figure out why anyone would detail a rental car

Yo D! Thanks for the note! I'll give it a try!

Little bit different but I've gone to my local car salvage yard and bought a hood for like $30. I got lucky in that it was an older cavalier hood so it had clear coat failure in a couple spots. With the failed clear I was able to polish on it and see the worst I could do and then I sold the hood to a young kid that wrecked his car and needed one. Not really a path everyone would follow but it worked for me.

Sounds like a business opportunity. Buy body panels with rough paint, polish them and resell them. Probably not much money in it though.

Sounds like a business opportunity. Buy body panels with rough paint, polish them and resell them. Probably not much money in it though.

Eye in the beholder. First, you have to know someone needs the panel and in what color. But If you picked up a hood for 30 bucks, corrected it, and sold it for 100 you come out ahead and still saved the other person almost 150 bucks. 

Not trying to get off topic OP. No I didn't really make much on it. Not enough there to make money on a regular basis. My thought process was, the worst that could happen is someone that needs it will sand and paint it anyway.