Customer Service 866.965.0400

My wax/sealant question

GeorgeH

Question

Ok, The thing i am not understanding with this sealant is that if you put it on a vehicle to protect the paint, if the paint does not have a good shine yet why would you put a sealant on it. I know you can't put wax on first due to the sealant not bonding then. So after I put a sealant on the paint that lets say that is duller then i would like, is that wax going to make the paint shine like it would without the sealant?   Lets say I detail a car, what process should I use to bring out a great shine and protect the paint for a long time with that great shine?    Thanks 

7 answers to this question

I don't 100% understand your question, but I will try to answer it.  I will also throw a couple of videos below for you to watch.

Basically, sealant is man-made and artificial.  It's purpose is to provide a longer protection than a natural product like wax which is made of carnauba.

As you said earlier, you would detail your car, and then apply sealant.  You could then apply wax overtop to enhance your shine.  You will just have to understand that the wax will not last as long as the sealant.

:welcomebanner: George. Shine is from great paint - the prep work makes it.

There are plenty of outstanding videos here to help, but in general terms:

Wash

Clay

Polish

Protect.

There are going to be tons of ways to vary that like sealant then wax, maybe toss in glaze. You will learn what you like and do that.

If the paint is in bad shape it will remain that way under any product you apply. To bring gloss back you really need to polish a vehicle. I think sealnt and wax would help some but polishing is what is needed for gloss. The rest is just protection that amazing finish after polishing

if the paint does not have a good shine yet why would you put a sealant on it.

The main purpose of a wax or sealant is to protect the paint. Making it shine is just an added bonus. So you should still use it even if you are not going to polish. It probably won't help the way it looks, but it will help keep it from getting worse.