Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Saga Begins

musclejunkie

Question

Last evening I prepped my new/used 2014 Mustang GT with strip wash and tire and rubber cleaner and wheel cleaner. All products I have not used until yesterday. Am I surprised with the results? Nope. The strip wash super slick and lubricating. The tire wash blew me away. My new tires "looked" clean, but we're filthy. The cleaner made them blacker than black. Wheels now spotless. This morning I'll start the clay process with Adams new Visco clay. This afternoon VRT the trim and fine machine polish (it's a southern car) and very little micro swirls). I'll of course do a test section first. I'm super excited! Haven't detailed since I sold my '11 Mustang two years ago. Thanks Adam!!

5 answers to this question

Wow! Can't believe the contamination picked up on the clay. This car was never detailed till now. The clay was black after just the hood section. Not keen on the Visco Clay Bar. Yes it works great, but I can't get a consistent impression in the clay. Perhaps a softer clay would work better? The car has cheap glossy stripes, Im going to replace next spring. I Clayed those too with awesome results. Having good therapy with Adam's products!

Trying to press the clay into the tool gets annoying quickly. But I do like using it as a holder for the clay. I can get a better"foot print" with the clay on the panel I am working. When its just your hands, you get slightly uneven pressure from each of your different fingers. The tool allows you to apply the same pressure across the whole clay surface. 

Well, almost done with fine machine polish. Great looking results. The Visco Clay disappointing. I'm calling Monday for a refund. Very first Adam's product I don't much like. I went back over the car with regular clay as the Visco didn't get the car perfectly smooth. I also picked up more contaminants with the standard clay going over areas I did with the Visco. Stands to reason with standard clay, more surface area. The many "fingers" on the Visco has less surface area.