Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sticky Detail Spray drying

rrmccabe

Question

Last two times I have washed Cindys car as well as my TBSS I have struggled with doing my normal drying with detail spray.

I normally master blaster the vehicles, getting all the water out of the cracks and 90% dry the paint surface.  Give the paint a spritz of detail spray and dry with two double softs (one in each hand).

But they have been grabbing as I wipe the surface.  The SS rarely leaves the garage and Cindys Terrain only sees about 8 miles a day for work and weekend shopping. Both were clayed, LPS and Patriot about 3 months ago.

The only thing I have done recently is I tried Wash and Wax when it came out but have not used it since and went back to regular shampoo.

All my Adams towels are washed with microfiber revitalizer and never with anything else.

So not sure where the sticky feel is coming from.  Wondering if has anything to do with Wash and Wax as that's really the only thing that has changed.

Detail spray drying has been my favorite thing but not working very well for me now.

Thought I would through it out there and see if anyone else is having issues.

7 answers to this question

May want to try claying again. Even though it rarely leaves the garage, it still leaves the garage and you could have driven through something. 

Usually when it gets grabby like that it usually gets to be clayed.

Jason, It's both our garage kept vehicles.

I really dont want to clay, LSP and wax two vehicles unless I have to. The TBSS has not been outside more than 3 hours at a time and only seen 1500 miles this year.

I am going to start by trying another bottle of Detail spray that is not filled from my gallon jug and a couple double soft towels that are still factory bagged.

If that does not work I will work on one fender starting with clay and working up.

EDIT: Yea definitely something on the Terrain.  Baggie test and clay proves that !

Edited by rrmccabe

I hate the thought if redoing LPS and Patriot as I hate applying LPS !!

But looks like I need to.

I am going to try using Deep wheel cleaner on a fender to see if I can avoid claying it.

Its not fun washing a vehicle when you have grabbing towels. Have to fix this :)

Good to hear you found out what was causing it. Did you find something on the TBSS, or just the Terrain? Also, what don't you like about applying LPS?

I have not checked the SS yet. LPS is a struggle for me to apply as its hard to see so I end up using too much and it's tougher to remove. They say only add more when you can't see it going down anymore. It's hard for me to know when that is.

Not to mention I don't want to clay, LPS and patriot 4 times a year.

I have not checked the SS yet. LPS is a struggle for me to apply as its hard to see so I end up using too much and it's tougher to remove. They say only add more when you can't see it going down anymore. It's hard for me to know when that is.

Not to mention I don't want to clay, LPS and patriot 4 times a year.

Gotcha, that makes sense.