Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need help!

Jrosacker

Alright guys, I've said it a bunch, I'm 17 and want to start a small detailing business, would I be better off doing it at my house (I don't have a usable garage) or trying to start a mobile detailing business. Also what should I do in the winter since my hose is off. Help me out! Thanks Adams fam!

You have got a lot of input from the other threads.   The best thing you can do now is get started.   The more work you can hustle, the sooner your skills and knowledge will grow.

Since winter is coming and you don't have a client base to serve, your priority is to educate yourself.   Learn how to become a small business owner.   Learn how car washes and detail shops run their business.  Learn what it takes to create a small business in your state (laws, regulations, licenses, etc).

I'd recommend getting a job at a car wash, car dealer, or detail shop.   Find a place that will train you on the basics.  If you can wash cars of your neighbors and friends, that will bring some money and more experience.

I started my first detailing business at 16.   Had a business license, bought products from detail supply wholesalers, and did most of my work out of my car at the client's location.   A few years later I partnered with a friend who had access to a shop, and we detailed out of that location while still mobile detailing.   Bottom line, what you want to do can definitely be done.   Plenty of people have done it.   You just got to get started somewhere.

You say the hose is off, not a problem. Go watch the Adams videos on bucket washing, you can use warm water to keep your fingers from freezing. I remember the day I started a detailing business, I just went out and did it. Detailing cars put me through college and payed for my books. I still detail cars and I also am a chef in a Resturaunt. I'm just trying to acquire enough money to open my own **** show! Lol

Alright guys, I've said it a bunch, I'm 17 and want to start a small detailing business, would I be better off doing it at my house (I don't have a usable garage) or trying to start a mobile detailing business. Also what should I do in the winter since my hose is off. Help me out! Thanks Adams fam!

Jaden, maybe this thread will give you some inspiration,here is the link.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/31301-a-summer-with-adam’s/