Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help figuring out how to remove stains

ticaaal70

Question

3 answers to this question

A steamer is your friend with stains like these. I use a McCollough 1385. It's got an attachment with a brush on it that will really help to mobilize these stains. Short of that, you can use carpet and upholstery cleaner and a stiff bristle brush to agitate it loose. I don't know if you'll get it all the way out that way.

My routine would be to steam and scrub with carpet and upholstery cleaner, then to use a hot water extractor.

Adams Carpet and Upholstery cleaner will work magic on those! You'll be blown away. BUT, I have some bad news in the pink/red stuff. Doubt there is anything short of genuine magic on those. Red dye is practically impossible.

You may have to go after it multiple times, but the before and after should be quite drastic.

Spray Dye is what you're looking for.

Thoroughly​ clean the carpet. Preferably with a steam cleaner and remove as much of the offending stain as possible. Spray the dye on and work it in with your fingers (latex gloves are handy here). Using a hair dryer or a heat gun set on low, dry the dyed areas while working the fabric with your gloved fingers. Finally, let it sit for 8 hours or so, then clean it again with upholstery cleaner and warm water. Use a junk towel to wipe the residue..

Edited by PHOKUS