Customer Service 866.965.0400

Towels for Waterless Washing

scottkalbfeld

Question

I wanted to get some opinions on the best towels to use for waterless washing. I bought the blue plush waffle weave towels because I thought it was better than the waterless wash towels. My thinking was that it still has the waffle weave but was softer and let there be more of a cushion to trap the dirt in the long pile.  The WW towels just seem too harsh and tight (if that makes sense) and might cause scratches.

Then I started doing more research and reading forums and realized a lot of people like plush edgeless towels. Maybe the blue plush waffle weaves are not plush enough to prevent light scratches along with the edge not being completely edgeless.

This might have been covered previously, and I'm sorry if Im bringing up a topic that was already discussed. 

Let me know what you guys use. Its always good hearing how other people detail their car.

2 answers to this question

If you're using Waterless Wash, I'd use the towels associated with them. Waterless Wash is one of my favorite detailing activities and I love the towels Adam's suggests. They've been great on my car.

If you're using Waterless Wash, I'd use the towels associated with them. Waterless Wash is one of my favorite detailing activities and I love the towels Adam's suggests. They've been great on my car.

:2thumbs:  agree with the above, and those who may want a larger sized towel, should look into the Great White Drying towel.............. same material, larger size, different color.............

^^^^^ Right - that great white drying towel might even be a better choice, I just save them for drying with the two bucket wash.

All of the products are definitely worth trying out as originally intended, with variances applied once you get a better handle on each application.

You should be using multiple towels - first towel should be a plusher towel to absorb liquid and dirt into the nap, the follow up wipe can be a waffle weave to finish streak free (waterless towels are waffle weave)

You should be using about 2-3 of each if you are doing a spray and wipe waterless wash on the whole car