Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wash - Just used for first time

KoryMiller340

Question

All,

I just wanted to share my experience with the Rinseless wash.  As the title suggests, I just finished using it for the first time last night.  I have a 2016 Dodge Dart which I recently sealed with Adams Paint Sealant, in preparation for the winter months ahead.  With that being said, I just wanted to share my brief experience with the rinseless wash.

I followed the videos here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dG0k0Aq-Q and  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKoV4olQEsI and added my own adaptation.  I own approximately 5 of the double soft towels.  I used all 5 of them on the dart.  

I ended up doing this:

1 - bucket with 2-3 gallons of warm water and a few squirts (1-2 oz, maybe a little more) of Rinseless wash

1 - bucket with 2-3 gallons of warm water and a grit guard

3 - double soft towels, submerged in rinseless wash

2 - double soft towels that I used for drying

I ended up reusing the three towels over the entire car.  I know this might surprise or shock some, but I was very careful to follow the directions in the first video (wiping and gently turning the towel upwards so that a clean section of the towel was always making contact with the panel).  You get about 8 different clean sides per towel each time you use it, so rather than getting about 10-15 towels out, I would just use all 8 sides of my towel, stick it in the clean bucket with the grit guard and go to town on cleaning it thoroughly and ringing it out.  I would then stick it back into the rotation with the other towels in the rinseless wash bucket.  

As for drying, I took the clean double softs, and sprayed detail spray over the panel I would be drying, that way I was adding some lubricity as well as some shine while drying the car.

I did this in my garage, and it took me about 2 hours or so (from start to finish including prepping the buckets).  From what I can see, I did not introduce any swirls or scratches into the paint, and I'm very happy with this product thus far.  

I just wanted to share my experience, maybe see what others thought.  It does take some getting used to, but I'm hoping this will be a good product to use during the winter here.

Please share your thoughts, ideas, comments, etc.

15 answers to this question

​Your process looks good, like it did what you needed it to do, and you used Detail Spray during the drying process to assist with lubricity to protect the finish.

The time it took should not matter, you may get quicker with more experience doing it, and knowing that the process you have not only cleans, but doesn't induce damage.

Rinseless wash is very convenient for the wintertime.  I originally started out using it in a similar manner to your process, but eventually decided to purchase more double soft towels so that I didn't need to reuse any of them during the wash process.  I was a little paranoid about the potential for causing damage.  The extra peace of mind was worth it to me.

You may also want to consider using Waterless Wash or diluted Rinseless Wash in a spray bottle to pre-soak the panels prior to using the Rinseless Wash towels.  It'll add some extra lubrication that can help prevent damage, if that's something you're worried about.

I find it a little nerve wracking, but in a pinch it works. I think most will agree that investing in a big batch of towels is worthwhile for rinseless, not to mention less frequent microfiber laundry loads. You don't need double softs to be successful either, just a quality towel.

Thanks for sharing.  I'll be doing a Rinseless Wash for the first time also, so it's good to see reviews like these.

I don't have that many double soft towels either, so I'll be doing the same as you and re-using the same towels on the entire car.  I personally don't see an issue with this even though I have never done a Rinseless Wash.  My thinking is that it's the same process as a two-bucket wash and re-using the same two wash pads, and I've never had an issue with this method.  Maybe I'm missing something.

I also like the idea of doing a diluted Rinseless Wash pre-soak and using Detail Spray in the drying process.

Thanks for the comments guys!  It has now been a few days and after getting some time to inspect the car a little more thoroughly in the daylight, I can confirm that I have no introduced any additional scratches / swirls in the paint using the method I described.  The stuff definitely works, and I will be doing this more in the future.  I do plan to pick up some more quality microfibers, I think more so for the fact that I have my car and my wife's car and I'd like to have a set for each car, so that I can do them both in the same week or whatever.  That being said, I just need to pick up an empty spray bottle somewhere, and I plan to add the diluted pre-soak Rinseless wash as well to my process.  I don't feel like I used a whole lot of the product either, which is always good!  

If anyone has any additional questions, I'd be glad to help out.  So far, very happy with the results, and of course, most importantly... the guys at work are jealous of the cleanest car in the lot.  But... they are kind of used to it because I've been an Adams user for about 8-10 years now.

I ordered the new Red Wash Mitt today and plan to use that as the wash media for Rinseless Washes,  I hate using my 'top shelf' MF towels for washing.

If you are using MF towels and not scrubbing them on the Grit Guard, make sure you are constantly flipping to a clean side.

I ordered the new Red Wash Mitt today and plan to use that as the wash media for Rinseless Washes, I hate using my 'top shelf' MF towels for washing.

If you are using MF towels and not scrubbing them on the Grit Guard, make sure you are constantly flipping to a clean side.

This i have always been curious about, would using a wash mitt for Rinseless risk causing more swirls as opposed to multiple towels. Love Rinseless wash but kind of a hassle bc it takes me about 6-8 borderless towels to do my truck.

This i have always been curious about, would using a wash mitt for Rinseless risk causing more swirls as opposed to multiple towels. Love Rinseless wash but kind of a hassle bc it takes me about 6-8 borderless towels to do my truck.

I have not used the new Wash Mitts, but I have been happy with the non-Adam's Chenile MF wash mitts I have been using for a few years.  Using multiple towels is definitely the best option, but for a daily driver the mitts work fine.

I have not used the new Wash Mitts, but I have been happy with the non-Adam's Chenile MF wash mitts I have been using for a few years.  Using multiple towels is definitely the best option, but for a daily driver the mitts work fine.

So you essentially one-bucket wash with the rinseless wash and a wash mitt? Do you use detail spray and microfiber towels to dry?

...decided to purchase more double soft towels so that I didn't need to reuse any of them during the wash process.  I was a little paranoid about the potential for causing damage.  The extra peace of mind was worth it to me.

+1

I have color coded my microfiber washers (not Adams) between daily drivers, and garage queen. (Probably unnecessary step but psychologically comforting). If I have leftover Rinseless solution it goes in my sprayer (kept in the trunk) for bird bombs. Hadn't thought to use it for pretreating during my wash process. But glad it was brought up, because I'll probably try it out on his winter.

Derek, I have used two Microfiber wash mitts doing a Rinseless wash, it works really well, depending on the weather I also use this method using two gallons of distilled water. I have a black truck that I usually never hose wash unless it rains and then if I do I only wash the bottom half with the hose and the rest with rinseless wash.

Good Luck let me know how it works for you.

So you essentially one-bucket wash with the rinseless wash and a wash mitt? Do you use detail spray and microfiber towels to dry?

Sorry for the confusion, but no.  When I use a wash mitt I use 2 buckets.  I wash the panel (I pre-treat if needed), wipe with a damp MF towel, spritz with DS, and dry with a WW towel.  

I use a similar process to apply H2O G&G - clean the panel, spray G&G on the wet panel, spread G&G with a damp towel, and dry the tiny amount of remaining water with a WW towel.

I only use a one bucket method with using the "bucket of towels" Rinseless wash method. 

Sorry for the confusion, but no.  When I use a wash mitt I use 2 buckets.  I wash the panel (I pre-treat if needed), wipe with a damp MF towel, spritz with DS, and dry with a WW towel.  

I use a similar process to apply H2O G&G - clean the panel, spray G&G on the wet panel, spread G&G with a damp towel, and dry the tiny amount of remaining water with a WW towel.

I only use a one bucket method with using the "bucket of towels" Rinseless wash method. 

Got it. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the response!