Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish on Titanium?

joelilton23

Question

Hey Guys,

Just picked up a titanium exhaust for my car, and its looking a little neglected. I want to give it a hit with some metal polish to bring back some shine - Will Metal Polish #1 and #2 be safe to use on it?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Hi Joel,

Do you have any pictures of the exhaust? Does it have a 'burnt tip' finish like some aftermarket titanium exhausts? If it does have a burnt tip finish, you do not want to use any metal polish on it.

If you want a clean finish or to polish to a mirror shine, Metal Polish #1 and #2 should work no problem. As always, test in a small spot first just to make sure, preferably on the underside of the exhaust tip where it will not be as noticeable if there are any irregular reactions (you should be fine though).

Hi Joel,

Do you have any pictures of the exhaust? Does it have a 'burnt tip' finish like some aftermarket titanium exhausts? If it does have a burnt tip finish, you do not want to use any metal polish on it.

If you want a clean finish or to polish to a mirror shine, Metal Polish #1 and #2 should work no problem. As always, test in a small spot first just to make sure, preferably on the underside of the exhaust tip where it will not be as noticeable if there are any irregular reactions (you should be fine though).

Hey Dan, Thanks for the reply.

When I first got it, it was just the normal silver, but the tip has started to turn blue due to the heat. I might just polish the barrel of it, and leave the tip the blue colour. Thanks!