Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clarification needed: Fresh Paint

chops1sc

Question

We picked up our 2016 Honda Odyssey from the body shop this week and I wanted to get some clarification on washing/protecting fresh paint.

Repairs were made and some panels were replaced and repainted to match the rest of the van. I know the "rule of thumb" is to not wax or seal 60-90 days on new paint. I can still wash the van, correct? And I probably won't make it to 60 days (April 16th lol) to not wax it....

6 answers to this question

That depends on what products the body shop used and if they baked it or not. I would call them up and get instructions from them, so you don't void any warranty offered with the work performed. Other than that 30 days should be sufficient in warm weather.

-Jason

We picked up our 2016 Honda Odyssey from the body shop this week and I wanted to get some clarification on washing/protecting fresh paint.

Repairs were made and some panels were replaced and repainted to match the rest of the van. I know the "rule of thumb" is to not wax or seal 60-90 days on new paint. I can still wash the van, correct? And I probably won't make it to 60 days (April 16th lol) to not wax it....

Washing is good to go on fresh paint, I would not apply and waxes or sealers for at least 60 days, if this makes you feel any better they have already put some kind of buffing and coating after the paint job they did.