Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless wash clay lube

Nathan

Question

10 answers to this question

Some food for thought on your question...in the Adam's Daily Driver wash video, Adam rinses the car completely after a regular wash, leaves it wet, then adds DS for additional lubrication to clay. I've never tried what you're proposing, but it seems to me the same principle could be said for Rinseless and leaving the car wet, while also using DS.

Here's the link, and it's at the ~10:40 mark when he talks about the different approach for his daily:

Edited by falcaineer

But is it safe to just do t after rinseless wash? Or not recommended?

I say not safe at all. With a rinseless wash, you're using 2oz's or so to three gallons of water. Haven't done the math on that dilution ratio, but not near enough. Having done a few rinseless washes at this mixture, not only is there not enough water left on the vehicle, but that ratio of what's left is no where near slick enough IMO. I'd never do it on mine. What I would consider however is if you are claying right away, there's no need to dry. Rinseless wash, leave whatever water is on the car, then clay using your preferred products as usual. Me, I'm using a QD.

I say not safe at all. With a rinseless wash, you're using 2oz's or so to three gallons of water. Haven't done the math on that dilution ratio, but not near enough. Having done a few rinseless washes at this mixture, not only is there not enough water left on the vehicle, but that ratio of what's left is no where near slick enough IMO. I'd never do it on mine. What I would consider however is if you are claying right away, there's no need to dry. Rinseless wash, leave whatever water is on the car, then clay using your preferred products as usual. Me, I'm using a QD.

I think he means is it safe to clay with proper lube? If so then you can definitely clay after a rinseless wash. If he means can he use the leftover water from the wash itself, then no. You need some type of lubricant.

I think he means is it safe to clay with proper lube? If so then you can definitely clay after a rinseless wash. If he means can he use the leftover water from the wash itself, then no. You need some type of lubricant.

Yea Chris, this is what I was trying to say as well...agreed.